APPLICATION SUPPORT – SOFTWARE SUPPORT
My client based in Haywards Heath are looking to recruit an Application / Software support candidate..
Ideally you will have exposure supporting SQL or .net applications.
Purpose of the role:
Ensure all assigned immediate development work, upgrades, and support requests are dealt with to agreed levels of service and customer satisfaction; whilst supporting and assisting with other staff within the IT Applications team and across the IT department.
• Help maintain a high level of availability and integrity for all IT systems, resolving issues & requests in the most responsive, efficient, and cost effective manner. Maintain accurate and complete logs where appropriate.
• Support and maintain software and solutions
Undertake necessary regular procedures, and check that they are successful and logged where appropriate
• Undertake (and sometimes lead) projects for new implementations and upgrades – particularly where impacting databases, software, & data. These must be on-time, fully tested, and deliver the required additional functionality in accordance with the specifications, so they achieve a smooth & gradual progression of the IT systems which can be fully and easily supported.
• Assist the IT Applications Manager to work within project budgets & expenditure – by helping to minimize costs and maximize returns on investment.
• Offer professional help, assistance, and support
• Write user documentation and guidelines that are easy for the target audience to understand. Provide support and guidance to make sure these are followed.
• Understand and adhere to all IT policies and procedures, suggesting improvements in these areas. Keep system documentation complete and up-to-date; minimize risks by spreading knowledge across multiple IT Applications and Services staff.
• Previous 1st and 2nd line support of IT Applications
• Experience supporting SQL or .Net applications
• Experience of internal customer facing IT Support
• Demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of IT skills
• Experience of identifying needs, delivering a service and developing relationships at a range of levels in an organisation
• Able to influence key stakeholders; excellent personal impact and influencing skills
• Due to the location of the offices you must be a driver