Mechanical Design Engineer – Surrey
This is a very exciting opportunity for proven mechanical design engineer to join a world-class market leading sensor and precision instrumentation company in Surrey.
For over 50 years, the company has been involved with the design, development, manufacture and support of high precision measurement systems for a variety of industrial water applications (e.g. marine, environmental, defence, homeland security & industrial process control etc).
As a Mechanical Design Engineer in a small team you will be responsible for developing and improving the mechanical design of cost effective and reliable components and systems; this will include prototype development and sustaining activities from concept, scheme and embodiment design of instrumentation mechanics from initial requirements through to medium volume manufacture.
* A good degree level education (2:1 or higher) in Mechanical Engineering or related along with good proven mechanical design ability in precision engineering (product concept through to production and maintenance)
* Use of 3D solid modelling tools (e.g. SolidWorks, ProEngineer, Autodesk Inventor, etc)
* Sound knowledge and proven track record of manufacturing/assembly engineering drawings, materials, methods, processes and quality system (Six sigma, DFM etc)
* Knowledge of some of the following would be useful (FMEA, FEA, dynamics analysis, stress analysis, hand calculations etc)
* Able to work from first principles and offer creative conceptual designs; conceive, visualise, and engineer complex opto-mechanical systems
* Candidates with a background in scientific Instrumentation, robotics, mechatronics, automation, optical packaging and systems would be highly desirable
* Candidates should be confident, innovative, well organised, with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills (internal and customer facing)
* An understanding of optics, electrical, electronics, and software design issues (mechatronics / control systems) would be ideal however they would accept applications from Aerospace, Automotive, Medical or Defence etc
Keywords: Mechanical Design Engineer, sensor, precision instrumentation, measurement systems, 3D CAD, Surrey, UK
Contact: Brett Lofthouse