Physiotherapist – AHP2 – Country Hospital South Australia
Fixed Term Contract until March 2017
Varied position covering In and Out Patients and transitional care program
Multi disciplinary team providing a full spectrum of allied health services
Onsite support and mentoring from Senior Staff
About the Hosptial
Based in Regional South Australia, this health provider has an excellent reputation and background and is well respected in the area. Utilising modern techniques and treatment tools, they contribute to increasing the standard of living of members of the local government catchment area. They work in collaboration with other local health services to provide a holistic service from on-site hospital services to out in patients own homes and at various community facilities in the area.
About the Job
The service is looking for a Physiotherapist to join them and to get involved with the provision of both in patient orthopaedic assessment and treatment, as well as outpatient community and outreach services in collaboration with senior members of the Allied Health Team. There will also be a large aspect of transitional care to the caseload which will involve working with patients who are returning home after a stay in hospital.
You will work with a wide range of clients to provide an end to end service. The role will involve working across the local community around the health services main base in areas of Regional South Australia. You will use your experience to contribute towards the services already excellent delivery of care and treatment.
You will also have the opportunity to build on your skills, learn more skills and develop yourself as a level 1 physiotherapist with the input of other professionals and the supportive team. 1 to 1 support and guidance from the senior clinicians is to be expected therefore graduates can also be considered for this role.
Day to Day Duties
Day to day duties will include:
• Working one to one with in and out patients
• Providing transitional care to post op patients
• Providing assessment and general physiotherapy services
• Manage your own caseload of mainly orthopaedic patients
• Completing detailed reports and collaborating with the MDT
Skills and Experience
• Ability to engage clients from a range of backgrounds
• Good rapport building skills
• Full AHPRA registration with no practice limitations
• Availability to start asap
• Previous experience working with the public health service in SA
• DCSI police checks dated within 3 years would be ideal
Culture and Benefits
• Supportive and friendly team
• Varied caseload and rotations available
• On site support and mentoring from senior staff
Click Apply or call Matthew on +613 9223 7537 for a confidential chat about the role. A full position description is available upon request.