An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Desk Engineer to join a fast growing company that offers great opportunities.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
This successful and steadily growing Egham based IT Services company have an immediate need for an experienced IT Helpdesk Engineer. The successful candidate will be office based but may need to attend site on occasion and will be required to undertake all manor of support calls.
The successful Service desk engineer will have a good working knowledge of:
MS Windows Servers
MS Windows Desktops
MS Exchange Server,
Backup Software and general networking and printer knowledge.
Ideally the Help desk analyst will also have experience of Virtualisation (Hyper V or VMware), Symantec Backup Exec, Blackberry and ActiveSync and Dell Sonicwall Firewalls and sharepoint.
Essential skills for an IT Service desk Engineer:
– As a 1st Line Support engineer yo will have an understanding of troubleshooting MS Windows Server 2003/2008
– An understanding of troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
– As a Technical Support engineer you will have an understanding of troubleshooting Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
– Knowledge of Servers including HP and Dell.
– Good understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP
– As a Help Desk Analyst you will have a Good understanding and working knowledge of SSL Certificates & DNS records
– Ability to efficiently handle multiple requests through the help desk system
Responsibilities for a Service Desk Engineer will include:
– Troubleshooting desktops, laptops, hardware and software
– Troubleshooting Windows 2003/2008 Servers
– Troubleshooting MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010
– Writing / Updating User and System Documentation
– Network and Server Administration
– Working on SLA based technical support calls
The package will include:
– Private healthcare after qualifying period
– Death in Service – 3 times annual salary
Additionally, as an IT Helpdesk Engineer you must possess excellent customer service and communication skills. An eye for detail and the flexibility to cope with a wide variety of tasks are also prerequisites. The candidate will ideally be within reasonable commuting distance (1 Hour) to the Egham office.
If you are an experienced Helpdesk/1st Line Support engineer and have the above experience/skills and live close to Egham then please apply today!
Contact: Natalie Judge