Section Manager – Airside Transport Logistics
Our client is now looking for a Section Manager to join their existing team.
This role is to provide leadership and strategic direction for the transport operations, within their Heathrow operations.
This role is to plan and coordinate catering schedule transport operations, including routes, schedules and employee rosters, so that catering uplifts and associated products reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost-effective way.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with key internal/external stakeholders to develop operational processes and systems for the Service Delivery compliance with operational and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for performance management all Drivers and Loaders representatives, including guidance, counselling and disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Improve customer service levels through the implementation of the Service Improvement Programmes.
- Manage and development of teams to achieve optimum levels of professional performance, ensuring compliance with all policy sand procedures are maintained. This includes performance appraisals, training and development needs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of relevant optimization strategies.
- Support in creation of SLA’s & KPI’s with partner stakeholders in all territories to drive efficiency, throughout the Transport , Dispatch and Airside Logistics arena’s
- To establish and develop constructive relationships with throughout the business , sourcing appropriate levels of engagement
- Support the development and implementation of relevant optimization strategies.
- Working with customer schedules, planning routes and scheduling delivery times for the transport operations
- Managing a team of supervisors, drivers
- Making sure the operation meets its targets
- Staff rosters, holiday planning and manpower planning
- Coordinating staff training and development
- Staff performance
- Putting together performance reports for the business and customers
- Arranging vehicle maintenance schedules, mots and tax payments
- Organising vehicle replacements
- Liaising with airport authorities on operations and requirements
- Customer liaison
- Actively recognise good performance in the team and promote the company reward and recognition scheme
- Ensure the transport teams are aware of their responsibilities in respect of, food safety health and safety and security in the workplace and have the minimum qualifications and training to work in their respective roles
- Enforcement of Food Safety Standard as required
- Participation in customer and authority audits
- Undertake regular audits of all areas within the transport and airside areas to ensure complete adherence to agreed policies
- Ensure cleaning rosters are operational throughout the fleet and airside areas
- Ensure that all equipment is working safely and compliant with manufacturers guidelines for operation reporting any failures.
- To ensure effective channels of communication at all levels so every member of the team is aware of the customer requirements and objectives and the part they play in the successful delivery of these requirements.
- Investigate and respond as required to customer complaints
- To be an active member of the management team and support colleagues in the achievement of their KPI’s
- To attend team meetings as required and contribute to the development and growth of the business through the sharing of good practice and your own experiences.
- To attend all necessary training programmes to develop your own potential and enable your progress within the company
- A foundation degree, HND or degree in a relevant subject, Logistics, supply chain management, transport management, business management.
- Holds a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- This position would suite someone who at a current supervisory grade within a transport/logistics operation and is looking for the next step in the career ladder.
- At least 3 years’ experience at a supervisory grade working within the transport or logistics industry.
- Managing a team of at least 30 people
Skills & Knowledge
- Preferably a member of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
Demonstrated our client’s competencies to be successful in the position
- Thinking: Information search and analysis and Problem resolution skills
- Engaging: Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring: Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring and Communicating effectively
- Achieving: Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Qualified candidates are kindly requested to submit a CV detailing work history, qualifications, availability and expected salary package together with diplomas/ supporting documents.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to the Ortolan Group, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. The Ortolan Group are engaged to review applications and to forward on those that match the requirements of the role.We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.