Systems Engineer – Mechanical Engineer/Physicist – Hertfordshire
Overall purpose of role
Systems Engineers have well developed engineering skills and are responsible for conceiving, designing and testing systems which are part of larger complex product developments within a cross functional team environment with a level of supervision consistent with experience. They are also responsible for transferring their designs to manufacturing. They must be capable of understanding and contributing to the overall integrated product development of Electro-mechanical inkjet printing machines.
The role covers new product development and post development support within Innovations Group. Products are engineered for low/medium volume production, typically 10’s – 100’s units/annum and involve complex systems with Ink deposition systems, mechanical, electronic and software content.
Person specification – Education & Experience
* Engineering experience in InkJet printer design, Fluid deposition systems, or Ink Jet related deposition and control systems development.
* As a minimum, good first degree in a related discipline, Physics, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering etc
Knowledge and experience of some or all of the following areas:
* Single pass Inkjet printing machines
* Design and application of Fluid delivery systems
* Electro-Mechanical systems and module design
* Ink or fluid composition, behaviours and deposition systems
* Fluid control systems
* UV ink printing behaviour
* Inkjet technologies
* Ink Jet printing techniques
* Printing Media transport control systems
Computer, CAE/CAD literacy with experience of any of the following is beneficial:
* Design of Experiments
* Engineering CAE packages
* FEA Packages
* Experience of product development from concept through to manufacture.
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Physicist, Electro-Mechanical, Development Engineer, Inkjet, Machines, Hertfordshire, Home counties, UK
Contact: Brett Lofthouse