Deputy Manager – Children’s SEBD – near Crawley
Salary: Â£17,000 – Â£25,000
I am recruiting for a Deputy Manager to work in a residential school near Crawley on a full-time, permanent basis. You will be supporting young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
To be a part of a team offering a comprehensive therapeutic residential service to children and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care, and development of the young residents and the establishments.
- Minimum NVQ/Diploma Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce and working towards Level4/5 Leadership and Management qualification
- Over 3 years’ experience working in a residential childcare setting
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Team Leader role or 1 years’ experience in a Deputy role
- An understanding of the needs of young people with SEBD
- Needs to be flexible in working hours
- Ideally a driver with access to a car
- To support the Registered Manager in ensuring that a therapeutic environment is developed and maintained within the school, by striving for continuous improvement and improved outcomes for each child and young person.
- To plan, manage and run shifts.
- To manage the daily Rota, ensuring that each shift is sufficiently staffed in order to meet the needs of the young people.
- To provide line management supervision for a team of Therapeutic Care Workers.
- To be available whilst on duty and to assist and supervise staff, as well as provide guidance on issues relating to the behaviour of the children.
- To have responsibility for administrative systems, care plans and assessments as required for the children within the school.
- To carry out administrative tasks as necessary for the smooth running of the centre or as directed by management.
- To undertake budget responsibilities as required.
- To be prepared to undertake supervision, training and professional development as offered via management.
If you are interested in this role or would like to apply, please contact Chelsea Costello on 0118 948 5555 or email