Looking for an Office and Resourcing Assistant to work for a global accounting firm in London
The purpose of this role is to provide support to both the Office and Resourcing Co-ordinator covering the Guildford and Gatwick offices. Ensuring a number of operational activities related to people are planned and co-ordinated to help compliment the employment experience within the office. . To assist with the provision of an efficient, effective and professional resourcing support service across both offices. Providing resource administration services to all members of the group, anticipating and fulfilling their needs.
Take responsibility for the administration of the appraisal process:
* Hold an up to date log of job appraisal forms and chase on a weekly basis
* Hold an up to date log of all interim/annual forms to ensure they are completed and filed on a timely basis and at the latest by a week following the meeting itself.
Assist with the Coordination of the summer internship programme including:
* Booking to clients / jobs
* Buddy/counselling allocation
* Follow through to Graduate and School Leaver recruitment process.
Assist with the offices in Guildford and Gatwick offering to schools. This is to be developed but is expected to include coordination of:
* Careers advice
* Interview training
* Work experience Assist with the undertaking a range of administrative tasks connected with supporting the local resourcing team and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Retain boards and staffing requirements.
* Respond to Retain enquiries and action them in a timely manner.
* Monitor and action the resourcing emails daily.
* Review the National Retain boards for staff availability and request staff from other offices, where required (via the Retain Editors).
* Run reports on a regular basis.
* Liaise with the Secondment, Recruitment, Student and Qualifications Teams.
* Co-ordination of stock take requirements within the group.
* Reviewing utilisation statistics for the group.
* Increase utilisation stats by utilising available staff.
* Assist with ensuring there is a 12 month booking view for your office at all times on Retain.
The ideal person will have proven administration/co-ordination experience and will be well versed in organising and juggling a variety of people activities, can demonstrate ability to plan work, co-ordinate and think logically through different aspects of the role.
* Ability to work well under pressure with multiple deadlines
* Proven organisational ability – able to juggle multiple administrative processes at the same time
* Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships and influence where necessary to help deliver the role
* Be pro-active – can plan ahead and identify areas for improvement/change in discussion with the relevant people teams to help the smooth running of all people aspects * Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages.
* Ability to liaise effectively and challenge Partners, Directors, Managers and Staff at all levels.
* Experience with using Retain
* Ability to prioritise tasks.
* Ability to readily understand the Group’s and Firm’s environment, the Firm’s structure and culture.
* Ability in exercising initiative, discretion and organisation.
* Be able to identify and evaluate problems.
* Ability to communicate with group managers and other members of the team, including pro-actively managing upwards to ensure that all clients are staffed appropriately.
* Work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
* Ability to pay attention to detail.
* Able to work in an area which is task orientated
* Ability to work within a team environment.
Your new company
Our client is an award-winning, professional services firm as part of the world’s fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. They specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Their strength in the market place is mirrored in their achievements – Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of their recent accolades. Their people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with their clients is at the forefront of their service approach and you’ll find that our client is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
Contact: Alice Copson