We are working with a leading engineering / construction firm and due to continued growth; they are looking for a senior buyer to join the business.
Reporting into the Procurement Manager, the role will be responsible for all aspects of purchasing. Key duties and responsibilities will include;
• Working within a team of material buyers, responsible for supporting the business and managing divisional spend
• Working towards the effective delivery and roll out of the procurement strategy and business plan.
• Working and supporting operational managers across the business
• Purchasing of a wide range of product categories across the business, working to tight saving plans
• Managing effective relationships with suppliers
• Attending client meetings and divisional meetings across the UK
For this role candidates must have strong purchasing and management experience. Ideally MCIPS qualified or equivalent.
This role would be idea for a senior / ambitious buyer, who is looking for a bigger role. There is opportunity for this person to progress within the business and move into a procurement management role.
Knowledge and experience within civil engineering materials would be a great advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing organisation, that recognises and rewards hard work. This is an immediate need, so please apply on-line for more information and a consultant from Cameron James will be in touch.