We are looking for an Accounts Assistant who will be responsible to ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing of various financial transactions. In particular, maintenance of both purchase and subcontract ledger in order to pay the suppliers within the agreed payment terms.
The successful candidate will be planned and organised, demonstrate customer focus and be able to develop relationships.
• Input invoices on to the purchase ledger using the three-way matching or two-way matching system.
• Maintain the unmatched invoice register, including chasing outstanding order numbers and GRNs.
• Ensure that invoices have the appropriate authorisation prior to paying them, which may include signatures, matching to orders and delivery tickets.
• Liaise with all departments and site managers to ensure that all invoices are dealt with in line with audit requirements and within a reasonable time scale.
• Manage purchase ledger queries from suppliers and staff in a professional and timely manner.
• Reconciliation of Supplier Statements prior to payment runs.
• Ensuring that all payments are made promptly and accurately.
• Regular review of outstanding purchase orders and invoices.
• Complete control documentation to update the ledger with new suppliers and amendment of existing supplier details.
• Preparing audit reports as required.
• Previous experience in an accounts department is desirable, but not essential.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
• Computer proficiency.
• Working in a time critical environment.
• Solution Focused.
• In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.