Environment Manager – London – Â£50k
You will be responsible for defining the Environment Strategy and delivery of all non-production environments. You will define and drive to completion all aspects of a solution related to non-production environments. This role that requires a strong technical understanding of the solution and the ability to manage the customer and their expectations.
The Environment Manager will own and manage the non-production environments ensuring that an appropriate quality of service is delivered to time, cost and quality. The Environment Manager is responsible for negotiations with 3rd Parties and IS teams within the business to ensure that all non-production systems are supported and the availability of defect-free non production environments to the specifications agreed and documented in detailed test plans, and environment requirements specifications.
The Environment Manager will work closely with the following people/teams as a minimum: Architecture, Solution design, Test, Support and 3rd party solution and integration partners. Although this is a non-hands on role the successful candidate will be expected to show a technical understanding of integration between applications and a strong level of infrastructure and hosting solutions.
* Define and implement an Environment Strategy within a tightly controlled programme
* Engage and support project delivery teams and BAU maintenance teams
* Analyse environment requirements
* Working with Program Delivery teams to identify process improvements and ensure a clear pipeline of delivery
* Provide technical consultancy on environments across all IT application development areas
* Ability to display a strong technical understanding of integration between applications and their dependencies on the platform
* Provide recommendations on fit for purpose hosting solutions to meet programme requirements
* Have the technical ability to work closely with Solution Architects and infrastructure teams to implement test environment changes
* Ensure delivery of required environments within agreed time, quality and budget constraints
* Ensure high availability of required non-production environments
* Ensure environments are maintained, refreshed and recycled
* Act as single point of contact/escalation on environments
* Build and manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers and partners
* Providing Programme and Project level reporting
* Provide robust governance to ensure quality and consistency
* Ensure a consistent approach and enforcement of standards.
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Contact: Vernon Williment