Our client is seeking a Controller for Technical Accounting to strengthen the Global Technical Accounting team based in Hampshire and to provide technical accounting support to the business. A qualified finance professional (CPA/ACA/ACCA), using your sound commercial and financial skills you will be comfortable working in a highly visible role dealing with senior management.
* Being part of the revenue transaction review approval process
* Providing advice and where applicable conducting research related to business transactions including evaluating the accounting treatment of proposed products, services and software offerings
* Providing M&A transaction and integration accounting and reporting assistance,
* Developing and disseminating technical accounting guidance, including the implementation of global accounting policies,
* Ensuring the proper application of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP) and assisting with the preparation of certain Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings
* Assess and prepare the disclosure of critical accounting estimates, policies, and other highly subjective elements related to financial or SEC reporting,
* Assist with balance sheet reviews
* Interact with external auditors on technical accounting areas associated with the periodic financial and SEC reporting process
* Engage and collaborate with external advisors or consultants on complex or highly subjective financial reporting elements
* Evaluating and overseeing the implementation of new accounting standards and other applicable financial reporting guidance, and
* Developing and delivering corporate-wide finance and accounting training.
* ACA/CPA/ACCA or equivalent qualified having trained in practice.
* Strong technical proficiency in US GAAP
* Knowledge and experience of the accounting and financial reporting practices of multi-national, publicly-held companies
* Experience researching, preparing and reviewing revenue recognition and cost related issues on transactions, including software revenue and costs, outsourcing, long-term contract accounting, services arrangements, multiple element revenue arrangements and cloud/saas.
About our client
Global leader in their field offering comprehensive blue chip benefits
Things You Should Know
Commutable from: Addlestone, Aldershot, Alton, Andover, Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Dorking, Egham, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Kingston, Lightwater, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Staines, Sunbury, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham, Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of Â£150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of Â£25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply