Technical Customer Support Analyst, Mainframe Applications UNIX SQL – Watford
Recognised internationally as a leading financial services organisation, our client seek a technical customer support analyst. The position will be to provide high quality support to organisational EMEA Payments customers and ensure that the quality and utilisation of company software products satisfies client needs.
* Customer support experience on a mainframe application.
* Providing first and second line technical support to customers for incidents and queries
* Working and resolving incidents in accordance with case workflows.
* Perform initial debugging and trouble-shooting, requiring an understanding of the technical functions and software programs.
* Owning and driving the resolution of all incidents and queries in accordance with SLAs
* Owning and effectively managing many customers and many incidents simultaneously
* Answering calls to Customer Services in a timely and professional manner
* Escalating issues as appropriate that may jeopardise SLAs or customer satisfaction
* Liaising with third line support and other functions to help ensure timely resolution of incidents
* Managing customer expectations and understanding impacts and costs of incidents raised
* Leading regular conference calls with customers to set and manage expectations, to provide status updates on all outstanding incidents, and to discuss forthcoming environment changes
* Liaising with the project teams to ensure a smooth handover of project work to customer support
* Maintaining accurate records of customer environments and configurations
* Updating operational and technical documentation together with product user guides as required
* Providing business administration support, generating statistics and other management data
* Providing support outside of normal working hours where required
* Education to degree standard or equivalent
* Knowledge of the card payments industry preferred
* Spanish language skills would be a huge bonus as the customer is based in the Dominican Republic
* Experience in providing customer services to a large and diverse array of customers
* Confidence in communicating at all levels, in both oral and written form, including technical issues
* A high degree of customer focus with the ability to instil confidence
* A sense of ownership of customer issues with the drive necessary to resolve them
* Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to work in an organized manner
* Ability to learn in a self-directed manner
* A willingness to work in a daytime shift system should the company choose to implement extended support
* Knowledge of UNIX and SQL
* ITIL certified (not mandatory)
For more information on this role, please contact Robert Ferguson – Computer People – <mailto:>
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading financial services organisation. This position will give you room for further progression and they’re looking to interview ASAP.
Contact: Robert Ferguson