An exciting opportunity has arisen within a local charity in Harlow. As the Accounts Administrator you will be expected to assist in the smooth running of the small and friendly accounts team.
The successful candidate must be studying towards their ACCA or CIMA qualification with working knowledge of Sage 50 and Sage Payroll plus strong Excel Skills.
• Reconcile all bank accounts with the Accounting System and resolve any issues arising on a weekly basis.
• Process payroll journals onto the Accounting System and reconcile the payroll control accounts as required.
• Accurately record Housing Benefit and ineligible payments of rents. Monitor Third Party payments ensuring payments are made within the terms of the agreement and take the necessary action for all outstanding payments.
• Maintain a direct debit and standing order file.
• To record income and expenditure onto the creditors and debtors ledgers
• Be responsible for reconciling petty cash and controlling top-ups of floats
• Be responsible for controlling the income and subsequent distribution of Family Holiday Money.
• Work with Project Managers in ensuring that financial processes are followed
• To file and maintain clear records of the financial activity of Safer Places.
• Complete Sales Ledger.
• Invoice Funders of Grants in alignment of the agreement ensuring payment is received within the terms of the agreement highlighting any discrepancies to the Commissioning and Contracts Manager and / or Director of Business Services.
• Provide ad hoc and other financial reports as required by Director of Business Services and Chief Executive
• The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
If you feel that this is the role for you and you have all the skills and knowledge as above please APPLY NOW!