Our client is looking to employ a Civils Project Manager to join their highways team in the South East area.
In this role, you will be working for one of the world’s most successful construction companies. They are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who is seeking to work with a well-known established contractor who can offer great career advancement and exposure to exciting projects.
The right candidate will work on various major highways projects in the South of England, including the South West/South East areas of London and reaching out to Reading and Croydon. The projects will range from £3m – £20m.
Our client is ideally looking for someone who has progressed from Site Engineer/Manager up to Project Manager with roughly 10-15 years working within the civils and highways sector – Senior Site Managers with experience operating as No.1 on projects of similar size/sector will also be considered.
• Maintaining effective and long term relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors
• Implementing and maintaining Interserve Strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc. and acting as an exemplar of the company culture and values
• Ensuring the project team comply with the company’s business management system
• Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems
• Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability
• Managing, supporting, mentoring and counselling members of the project team in their personal development
• Undertaking annual assessments for staff directly reporting to the role
• Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement
• Providing aftercare services to the customer
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
• CITB Level 3 Safety Course
• Appropriate CSCS Card
• Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate subject
• Professional Qualification
• Experience as a Site Manager or similar
• Experience in a similar role (desirable)
• Experience running projects as a “number 1” upto £15m in value (desirable)
• High level of leadership and management skills
• Commercial and financial ability
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Technical experience and knowledge
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Ability to plan and organise resources in order to meet tight deadlines
• Customer/Client focus
• Range of contract experience (desirable)
• Experienced in Civils and Infrastructure works;
• Experienced in new build major highways works
If you are interested in this role and feel like you meet the requested level of experience, please send your CV for the attention of Daniel Lewis at BCS Recruitment.
Contact: Daniel Lewis