Providing business partner support to line managers and team members across functions within the Maple Court office and field based team members on all HR matters, the incumbent will be the day to day contact point for employee relations, learning & development, organisational change and performance management. As the first point of contact, the role holder will be able to manage competing priorities as well managing relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the Company.
Together with the day to day management of HR matters, the role holder will also have line management responsibility for one of the HR Assistants, will be responsible for the roll-out of global HR programmes locally and will contribute and or lead specific projects from time to time.
This role reports to the Senior Manager HR Consulting and has a focus on employee relations and will support and coach line managers through all aspects of the employee lifecycle and all employment issues such as performance, absence, disciplinary, grievance and organisational change. The role will provide support to the HR Shared Services team through line management of one of the HR Assistants, who will also support them in their designated functions, and by assisting as required with HR processes.
What will it be like to work for Hilton Worldwide?
With thousands of hotels in 100 countries and territories, Hilton Worldwide offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you understand the importance of a proper welcome and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Worldwide. Because it’s with Hilton Worldwide where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Managing Activities 60%
* Business partners with dedicated Corporate functions, ensuring they are the first port of call for HR assistance and initiatives with their key stakeholders.
* Delivery of generalist HR advice and support in all aspects of recruitment, retention, performance management, reward and employment legislation.
* Supports the identification and development of talent and capability for each of the functions to meet current and future needs.
* Employee Relations – Manage day to day ER queries as they arise. Raise any concerns to the next level. Ensure line managers are appropriately skilled and trained in ER. Support, influence and coach as situations arise, providing accurate and commercial ER guidance.
* Responsible for providing local support to line managers on organisational change initiatives, including restructuring, managing redundancies, TUPE and overseeing outplacement.
* Liaises with Talent Acquisition team and provide support to managers on application, interviewing, testing and selection of candidates.
* Responsible for the implementation, roll-out and embedding of HR Corporate programmes and initiatives locally.
* Works with VP, HRD and Senior HRM Consulting on ad-hoc projects.
* Partners with the Senior HR Manager to ensure that appropriate people management metrics are provided and used.
* Coaches, guides and supports line managers on the metrics seeking resolution on issues, e.g. labour turnover / absence.
* Supports the HR Director on HR strategy including business plan, objectives and deliverables for the corporate HR function, change management and communication implementation.
* Supports the Hilton performance management programme and utilise to full extent, taking appropriate action where necessary with performance development plans and career development.
* Liaises with Compensation & Benefits team on reward to ensure consistency and transparency on roles.
* Liaises with other teams as appropriate to ensure delivery of excellent service.
* Ensures the department works safely, reporting any accidents or near misses.
* Coordinates department activities as required to increase the perceived value of HR to all stakeholders.
* Undertakes HR projects as they arise and identified by HRD/Senior HRM.
* Coaches, supports, and mentors managers in the application of HR policies and practices, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
* Partners with line managers on their GTMS results, holding regular reviews to assess progress and support on actions as necessary to improve employee engagement.
* Manages the monthly HR clinic including creating awareness and regularly reviewing queries.
* Ensures HR communications and information are readily accessible through the intranet and remain up to date and current
* Manages and conducts on-boarding activity for all new team members within the Maple Court office to ensure an experience that supports long term team member retention initiatives, including running day one induction programme.
* Faciliatates the embedding of global training programmes to appropriate teams across the Corporate EMEA population, including designing, running and imrpoving training courses as required.
Staffing Activities 20%
* Partners with managers and talent acquisition team to facilitate the fulfillment of internal hiring needs.
* Manages one of the two HR Assistants aligned with their dedicated functions; coaching and developing their skills and abilities and helping them manage and prioritise workload.
* Assists with supervision of other HR Assistant and ensures the two HR Assistants work closely together and with the two HR Advisor roles.
Controlling Activities 10%
* Enforces and assists in establishing HR policies and procedures that will improve overall operation and effectiveness.
* Reviews and updates HR processes to ensure effectiveness.
* Oversees proper controls and conducts HRIS audits to ensure data integrity.
* Validates current policies and procedures to ensure continued support of internal business needs.
* Operates within established budgetary parameters.
* Establishes and enforces policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
Organising Activities 10%
* Identifies system issues and ensures HR data is updated accordingly.
* Raises any technical / payroll issues.
* Maintains self generated department correspondence and personnel files, ensuring they meet correct legislative requirements.
* Designs and prepares departmental reports, e.g. charts, graphs, tables.
* Creates and develops visual presentations as required.
* Regularly reviews and makes recommendations on processes in line with business needs and best practice.
* Supports any departmental communication.
* Works independently and with the HR team.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Any and all other job duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to analyse human resources data (financial, recruitment, retention, and/or performance).
* Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
* Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
* Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
* Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and stay on track towards accomplishing organisational goals.
* Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
* Ability to work independently and manage the independent work of other team members as appropriate.
* Ability to provide effective performance feedback to subordinates and work to ensure the peak productivity of all direct reports.
* Proficient technical skills with the ability to quickly learn new programmes and train staff.
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Market Place which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
* Degree qualified or equivalent.
* CIPD Qualified or equivalent or close to completing relevant qualification.
* Previous generalist HR experience at a comparable level.
* Excellent and up-to-date knowledge of UK employment law and employee relations practices.
* Some experience of restructuring and redundancy programmes.
* Highly skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HR databases e.g. SAP or PeopleSoft
* Supervisor experience or the ability to step up to a management role with relevant credibility and authority.
* Excellent presentation skills and the ability to facilitate training courses and workshops as required.
* Direct line management experience.
* Experience in running training courses and/or workshops.
* Extensive experience of restructuring, redundancies, TUPE and other organisational change initiatives.
Contact: Katie Woodham