Provide strategic business partner support to line managers and team members within certain functions for all routine and non-routine HR matters, which includes employee relations, learning & development, talent management, organisational change and performance management.
Take ownership of the Human Resources Shared Service team through planning, managing and monitoring the day to day operation, which handles all HR administration requirements for employees based at the Watford and Glasgow offices. In addition to supporting the corporate population, the HRSS team supports designated groups of employees in UK and European hotels and corporate Team Members based across Europe.
The role holder will be experienced in managing multiple and complex employee relations matters at the same time, and be able to demonstrate that they have advanced level UK employment law knowledge, and are able to apply this pragmatically in a fast moving business environment.
What will it be like to work for Hilton Worldwide?
With thousands of hotels in 100 countries and territories, Hilton Worldwide offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you understand the importance of a proper welcome and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Worldwide. Because it’s with Hilton Worldwide where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Average Percent of Time:
Planning Activities 15%
* Support the HR Director on HR strategy including business plan, objectives and deliverables for the corporate HR function, change management and communication implementation.
* Support the identification and development of talent and capability for each of the functions to meet current and future needs.
* To increase the perceived value of HR to all stakeholders.
* Undertake HR projects as they arise and identified by HRD.
* Partner with line managers on their Global Team Member Survey results, holding regular reviews to assess progress and support on actions as necessary to improve employee engagement.
* Support the implementation / rollout of global HR systems as required.
* Review and update administration processes to ensure that the required standard of performance and compliance is achieved at all times. This includes, but is not limited to: Starters, leavers, change of details, certificates of sponsorship, payroll, relocation, childcare vouchers, maternity administration etc.
Organising Activities 25%
* Responsible for the implementation, roll-out and embedding of HR Corporate programmes and initiatives.
* Liaises with all relevant departments eg Comp & Bens particularly on reward to ensure consistency and transparency on roles.
* Ensure that appropriate people management metrics are provided and used. Manage the distribution of this management information and deal with queries from recipients.
* Coach, guide and support line managers on the metrics seeking resolution on issues. E.g. Labour turnover / absence.
* Designs and prepares departmental reports, e.g. charts, graphs, tables
* Creates and develops visual presentations as required
* The Lobby (intranet) – Regularly review, update and monitor the HR pages on the intranet in conjunction with the HR team. Create an awareness of this information to team members across corporate functions.
* Assist the Talent Acquisition team with administration requirements relating to the hiring of new recruits, including coordinating the issue of approvals and establishment of new positions within the HR systems.
* Manage & monitor work permit and certificate of sponsorship status, ensuring that renewal deadlines, concerns etc. are escalated to appropriate management.
* Provides cover for the HRD in periods of absence.
* Supports any departmental communication.
* Works independently and with the HR team
* Manage all job offer documentation in a timely manner and ensure the appropriate individuals are informed of new recruit on boarding schedules, including Facilities, L&D, IT etc.
* Manage the leaver process in line with company practice and ensure that exit interviews are completed and all company assets are returned by leavers, and appropriate documentation is kept.
* Manage Family Friendly policies and processing in line with company and legislative requirements.
* Assist with all internal and external audits of the SS function and ensure that any improvements identified / required as a result of these are implemented in line with requirements.
* Coordinate P11D information for the Payroll Mgr.
Directing Activities 25%
* Delivery of generalist HR advice and support in all aspects of recruitment, retention, performance management, reward and employment legislation.
* Employee Relations – Manage day to day ER queries as they arise. Raise any concerns to the next level. Ensure line managers are appropriately skilled and trained in ER. Support, influence and coach as situations arise providing accurate and commercial ER guidance.
* Responsible for providing support to line managers on organisational change/ initiatives, including restructuring, managing redundancies, TUPE and overseeing outplacement.
* Coach, support, and mentor managers in the application of HR policies and practices, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimize risk and financial exposure.
* Learning and Development -Support dedicated L&D team members to ensure delivery of corporate programmes. Ensure the L&D offerings are easily accessible and create awareness of training provided. Ensure training calendar produced, updated, used and communicated to full effect in corporate offices delivering activity in line with business needs.
* Partner with the resourcing team on resourcing within corporate offices. Provide support to managers on application, interviewing, testing and selection of candidates.
* Support the Hilton performance management programme and utilize to full extent taking appropriate action where necessary with performance development plans and career development.
* Delivery of training courses on people management topics.
* Manage and communicate the HR processes to be used for annual activities relating to team members who are administered from the SS Centre, including salary review, bonus payments, long term incentive schemes, and any other routine payment processes.
Staffing Activities 15%
* Manage Shared Service and Advisory Team Members based in the Watford office; direct line management of 2 x HR Advisors and 1 x Payroll and Pensions Officer. Indirect responsibility for 2 x HR Assistants.
* Manage and conduct any one-to-ones and Performance Development Reviews for any direct reports.
* Regularly review Career Development Plans with team members and conduct development discussions.
* Conduct bi-annual performance reviews with the team, and set annual performance objectives aligned to departmental objectives.
Set key objectives and follow up on team performance.
* Prioritise workflow and distribute work effectively, monitoring output to ensure appropriate quality is achieved.
* Give feedback on Team Member performance and create development plans for areas of improvement, and provide recognition for exceptional performance.
* Identify team training needs and arrange/deliver training to address the needs.
* Hold regular team meetings and ensure that all team members are informed of business developments, initiatives etc.
* Create a customer centric culture within the Shared Services team and maintain this through regular service delivery training.
* Monitor service levels and conduct service delivery assessments /surveys to benchmark performance.
Controlling Activities 20%
* Manage the processing of relevant information through appropriate systems, including PeopleSoft and Payroll.
* Manage the monthly approval process for all payroll processing.
* Manage reporting processes for all benefits in conjunction with Payroll.
Conduct routine audits of HR data to ensure records are maintained to the required standards.
* Investigate ways to improve the integrity of the data stored within the HR systems, and ways to increase efficiency and productivity.
* Look for opportunities to reduce operating costs and improve service delivery.
Ensures the department works safely, reporting any accidents or near misses.
* Coordinates department activities as required.
* Review, update and implement policies, procedures and processes to ensure fit for purpose and meet business needs
* Oversee the team member benefits administration conducted within the team including Healthcare, Childcare Vouchers, Hilton Club Card, StarPoints, Denplan, long term disability insurance administration and pension administration.
Raise any technical / payroll issues.
* Maintains self generated department correspondence and personnel files, ensuring they meet correct legislative requirements
* Produce and implement user friendly ER documentation for line managers.
* Regularly review and make recommendations on processes in line with business needs and best practice.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Any and all other job duties as required.
* 2 x HR Advisors
* Payroll and Pensions Officer
What are we looking for?
* As a team leader, they will be able to demonstrate success in leading and engaging a small team to deliver both high performance and maximum productivity.
* Possesses excellent up to date UK Employee Relations and employment legislation knowledge.
* The role holder will have a passion for customer service delivery, an excellent understanding of data management and manipulation and be experienced in the production of KPIs and dashboards.
* They will operate with a sense of urgency and have previous successful experience in administering Payroll systems.
* Previous generalist HR experience at a comparable level including extensive employee relations experience and leading restructuring, redundancy and TUPE programmes as well as organisational change projects.
* Highly skilled in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, HR databases e.g. SAP or PeopleSoft
* Excellent planning, organising and administration skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Flexible and able to work on own initiative.
* Ability to work in a time sensitive environment, where deadline achievement is essential.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Self-starter, well organised, assertive and willing to take ownership of responsibilities with a high degree of positive energy and drive.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent skills in time management, organisation, coordination and communication (written and verbal).
* Capable of diplomatic and poised communication with team members and management.
* Capable of handling multiple projects and implementing appropriate tracking systems with little supervision.
* Completes assignments on time or advises in advance of delays.
* Able to interact effectively and tactfully with employees and customers.
* Ability to access, input, analyse and effectively report on information using word processing, spread sheets and databases.
* Manages confidential information with complete discretion.
* Able to work occasional overtime when faced with critical deadlines
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Market Place which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
* GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) or above in Maths & English and educated to degree level or experience in lieu thereof.
* Previous team management experience is essential.
* CIPD qualified or equivalent
* Previous experience in a shared services environment, including payroll management, and a good understanding of the processes in this area is essential.
Contact: Katie Woodham