• Mannigham location
• Professional development opportunities
• Casual role
About the role
To act as an integral support for the surgical services team in the delivery of safe and efficient customer service and patient care. This position is a key communicator with DON, or delegate, in providing support services to clinical areas within the Hospital. Working within safe practice guidelines, the SSA will have sound working knowledge of infection control and prevention practices and policies.
The SSA is expected to continually update expertise in regard to duties under the direction and with the support of the DON or delegate.
• To act as primary support to the DON , or delegate, in maintaining the delivery of safe and efficient customer service
• To ensure the dignity, rights and confidentiality / privacy of patients are protected at all times
• Support clear, accurate and timely communication to staff and customers at all times
• To provide a high level of customer service at all times
• To contribute to the efficient, effective, economic operations of the Procedure Centre by assisting in the development, implementation and adherence of policies and procedures
• To assist in the promotion of public image by developing good relationships with patients, staff, members of visiting medical staff and the general community
• To ensure familiarity with M 07 Equipment Performance and Maintenance policy
• To engage with consumers, carers and family members and communicate and report concerns to nursing staff, DON or delegate
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Assist DON, or delegate, in completing variable, real time day to day administrative tasks in maintaining safe and efficient patient care.
• Maintain a clean and efficient administrative workplace in surgical areas.
• Ensure specialist documentation is available for all lists as required under specific direction and with the support of the DON or delegate
• Support DON in communicating and maintaining PAS and electronic records
Assist with the transport of patients within the theatres, recovery and to the car park area at discharge as required under the direction and with the support of the DON or delegate.
• Opportunity for professional development
• Supportive team environment
Should you require any further information on this role please feel free to call Laura McGinley on (03) 9223 7536 for a confidential discussion.