Temporary Ongoing – Very likely temporary to permanent (£26k-£29k)
Based in Leicestershire
£20-£25 per hour total including holiday pay.
Part Time 0.5x
Ref : 6772078
Reed Education are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity within a category B prison in the Leicestershire area. They are looking to recruit a catering tutor to join the team within the Education Department.
This prison is looking for enthusiastic staff who really care about rehabilitation, those who get satisfaction from knowing they have been a good influence at this crucial stage in their lives.
Interested? Apply today! I am looking forward to seeing your CV
With increasing levels of investment in the Offender Learning and Skills Service (OLASS), many teachers are moving into the sector to take advantage of some of the great benefits available, including:
Fantastic career progression
Smaller class sizes
Increased control over curriculum
Excellent pension and health schemes
The Ideal candidate:
•Subject specific qualification and industry experience
• A good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above.
• A teaching qualification (CTTLS or above).
• An assessor award.
• A proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes (desirable).
• Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
• Accuracy and precision in written presentation.
• A good working knowledge of Health & Safety issues.
If you are missing any of these criteria, you must be willing to undertake training and assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities
To deliver and support learner success through:
• Effective preparation which meets individual needs.
• Inspirational delivery of training sessions.
• Rigorous assessment for learning.
• To understand the learning needs of the student population and be able to deliver challenging and exciting learning sessions.
• To prepare, teach and mark as required, using data to set challenging targets.
• To set and monitor SMART learner targets and use ILPs effectively.
• To assist effective programme delivery by participation in operational management procedures and designated departmental tasks.
• To ensure all students are fully enrolled onto programmes, accurate records are maintained; with completions, withdrawals and achievement documentation completed in a timely manner.
• To assist in the administration of learning and to maintain accurate records of students’ learning activities including learners’ progress, assessment schedules, schemes of work, course reviews and induction programmes.
• To operate at all times within the written specifications of the Prison’s security manual.
• To liaise with outside agencies, including examination boards, as required.
• To undertake any other duties as required by the Education Manager consistent with your experience and qualifications.
• To ensure that students’ Skills for Life are both developed through and integrated into their learning programmes.
• To model in your day to day practice both internally and externally the philosophy and values of the College and in particular take responsibility for promoting equality and diversity.