Procurement Manager – Medicine & Cardiovascular Division (Medcard) – Permanent – London – Public Sector / NHS
Our client, a London-based NHS Trust, is working on a transformation project to enhance its position as a first class provider to its London healthcare patients. To support this challenging but rewarding project the Trust is transforming and growing its Procurement Department. As such we are currently recruiting to a Procurement Manager – Medcard post.
The role is based in South West London and to start ASAP.
Salary will be equivalent to Band 8A on the Agenda for Change banding plus the Inner London High Cost Area supplement will apply.
The ideal candidate we be able to demonstrate the following:
– Ability to spot opportunities for innovation in the supply chain to reduce costs
– Liaise with General Managers and Clinical Leads in identifying opportunities for cost reduction , rationalisation and standardisation
– Utilise NHS LPP or alternate NHS Hub procurement frameworks where applicable
– Run both sub OJEU & full OJEU procurement process whilst involving clinical engagement and buy in, clinical trial and evaluation
– Source alternate products and suppliers
– Set up product trials and evaluations.
– Be able to lead projects from inception to completion, often involving multi disciplinary teams both within the division & across the Trust.
– Provide a proactive procurement service to the Division, covering strategic advice and operational matters; operating as a recognised and trusted business partner, ensuring that the service is efficient, cost effective and responsive to the changing needs of the Division and wider NHS
– Deliver a strategic procurement service for the category
– Deliver demonstrable cash releasing savings annually as part of the Trust’s cost improvement programmes and meet key performance and efficiency targets, reporting to the Head of Procurement
– Design and Implementation of Procurement Contracts
– Capable of building strong working relationships with stakeholders
– Minimum of (3) three years multi-commodity and services procurement experience
– Minimum of (3) three years as recognised negotiator, (2) two years of which must be as lead
– Minimum of (3) three years of corporate contracting and management of commercial affairs
– Experienced in producing and understanding business plans, reports, contracts and service level agreements
If you are interested in this opportunity please reply with your CV and a covering note outlining your particular suitability for this post.
For further info please contact Dean Cordingley on Tel. or email
– Let’s find the career that connects with your life.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.