To take overall responsibility for supply chain, supply chain engineering, logistics, repair & calibration of test & measurement instrumentation supplied through Far East & US outsourced manufacturers for a market leading global manufacturing group.
LOCATION: You will be based at our global head office in Buckinghamshire with international travel (circa 20%) as and when required.
COMPETITIVE SALARY + Car Allowance of £550/mth + Contributory Pension Scheme + 25 days holiday plus Statutory
Part of an acquisitive global manufacturing group, we are world leaders in the design and manufacture of test & measurement instrumentation for the LAN / WAN telecommunications markets. Whilst our head office and R&D are based in the UK, our extensive range of instrumentation is manufactured by 3rd party Far East and US outsourced manufacturers and sold via our global distribution network.
With the ongoing development of new, leading edge products, the effective management of our 3rd party manufacturers / supply chain & logistics is critical to maintaining our market leading position. Therefore the recruitment of this role is essential to our development plans and reflects the importance of this appointment.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Operations Manager – Supply Chain & Logistics
A full job brief will be provided to short listed candidates but in summary:
• You will take complete responsibility for Supply Chain & Logistics; managing 5 teams (circa 20 personnel) covering supply chain, supply chain engineering, repair & calibration, warehouse & logistics, and customers services to ensure the smooth transfer of goods and materials from our 3rd party Far East and US based outsourced manufacturers and suppliers to our customer base.
PERSON REQUIREMENTS – Operations Manager – Supply Chain & Logistics
We are interested in receiving applications from individuals who:
* Are experienced people managers, used to managing supply chain and logistics teams within the manufacturing arena.
* You must have experience of working with / managing Far East outsource manufacturers and suppliers.
* Experience of working within a changing environment where you have planned and controlled change.
* Strong leadership skills; able to motivate and inspire team members but also question the status quo and challenge others to improve processes and systems.
* Any lean/Six Sigma qualifications, experience of repair/calibration and additional language capabilities would be advantageous but are not prerequisites.
As an indicator, it is likely you will be or have worked or have experience in any of the following roles and/or markets (but not exclusively):
* Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager, Supply Chain Logistics Manager.
* Third Party Contract Manufacturers. 3PL.Test & Measurement Instrumentation. Electronic / Electro-Mechanical Instrumentation. Electronic / Electro-Mechanical Capital Equipment. Consumer electronics. White & Brown goods.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Operations Manager – Supply Chain & Logistics reference JG1604-12 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683301 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.