Our client, a leading investment management firm, currently seeks a Real Estate Fund Accounting Team Leader, to be based in London.
The Real Estate Fund Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for:
– Line management responsibility for a team accountants that look after European/UK funds.
– Responsible for setting objectives, carrying out appraisals, performance management and supporting the career development of the team
– The team is responsible for reviewing the annual financial statements for the funds and all fund subsidiaries, and managing the annual audit process. You will review all financial statements prior to their presentation to the respective boards
– The team is responsible for the management of supplier relationships for accounting service providers, including ensuring they are adequately instructed, responding to accounting queries, monitoring and reviewing outputs and ensuring that the Fund is receiving the appropriate level of service
– Coordination and review of financial due diligence in relation to asset acquisitions and disposals
– Input into the drafting of SPAs for corporate acquisitions to ensure funds’ interests are protected
– Review of drafting of legal agreements in relation to complex transactions, to ensure commercial terms support desired accounting treatment
– On-boarding of new acquisitions, including agreement of service provider scope, ensuring service providers are adequately informed and instructed, review of detailed accounting memos and agreement of treatment with auditors
– Supporting the arrangement of internal financing, e.g. review of funding diagrams and management of funding lines and movement of cash through the fund structures
– Liaison with tax advisors to maximise cash repatriation to funds whilst minimising tax leakage
As such, the successful Real Estate Fund Accounting Team Leader will have the following skills and experience:
– ACA/ACCA qualified accountant (or equivalent) with strong technical knowledge of IFRS
– Extensive financial/statutory accounting for property funds or alternatively commercial property experience
– Experience of supervising staff, self-motivated with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks
– Strong analytical skills, flexible and proactive approach
If you have similar experience to that outlined above and are looking for a permanent opportunity within a progressive and dynamic environment, please forward your CV today.
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Contact: Randstad Financial & Professional