Experienced Housing Commissioning Officer urgently required for our local authority client based in North London.
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
1. Support the Commissioning Manager to deliver a comprehensive and effective housing commissioning function for and on behalf of council borough residents.
2. Contribute to the development of the strategy and annual plans for housing related support commissioning.
3. Undertake the commissioning of housing related support services and projects from internal and external providers.
4. Ensure appropriate and effective performance management and value for money for commissioned services and projects with appropriate governance in place with providers, service users and stakeholders.
5. Play a proactive role within the commissioning team for housing related support services to further develop and improve service provision and provide a focus for quality, value for money and good practice.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure that needs information, intelligence and data is available, current and draws on national sources and good practice and where necessary make arrangements including commissioning research to provide a comprehensive evidence and knowledge base.
2. Support the development of the commissioning strategy and annual plan, ensuring outcome-focused planning with appropriate stakeholder engagement.
3. Contribute to the development and implementation of Housing and other Council strategies and plans ensuring that housing related support is provided for and promoted within these.
4. Translate needs data into coherent support requirements and be responsible for the design of appropriate personalised support services.
5. Commission housing services, programmes and projects to achieve the priorities set out in the strategies and delivery plans, ensuring the availability of the range of services required to meet the needs of service users.
6. Work with stakeholders to manage the preparation of service specifications, tendering and contracting processes, where appropriate, and in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
7. Ensure that all housing providers have appropriate delivery plans and that their priorities and performance standards are agreed.
8. Work collaboratively with service users, service providers, commissioners and other stakeholders to improve the way in which services are commissioned, integrated and aligned with other services and to promote meaningful engagement.
9. Develop a partnership approach with providers, based on an ethos of achieving the best possible outcomes for service users, with appropriate provision for service user choice, engagement and involvement.
10. Establish and agree contracts, service level agreements and protocols for all commissioned services appropriate to the provider.
11. Ensure that the commissioning/contracting process incorporates requirements on providers to supply financial, performance, service quality and equalities information on a regular basis, to enable effective monitoring of services provided.
12. Monitor provider performance against agreed standards and performance indicators, using appropriate reporting and monitoring to ensure contract compliance, value for money, quality outcomes and to improve performance.
13. Review the continued effectiveness and appropriateness of commissioned services and de-commission and re-commission as required.
14. Identify savings opportunities and re-negotiate contract values to achieve targets or re-model and re-commission as required to reduce costs while improving outcomes where possible.
15. Ensure the appropriate use of the Council’s financial resources and work with support functions on contract and payment changes so that all payments to providers are accurate.
16. Develop policies and procedures for the HRS commissioning function, ensuring that they are fully compliant with the relevant legislation, reflect good practice and are maintained within the Quality Management System.
17. Create and maintain accurate records, using manual and IT systems on all aspects of the commissioning function.
18. Maintain knowledge of the housing sector and all relevant national policies and initiatives, identifying implications and opportunities for Haringey’s commissioning and delivery.
19. Research, evaluate and advise on new initiatives and/or legislation and work with providers and other commissioners to pursue opportunities for extra funding and/or reducing costs.
20. Investigate, analyse and respond to customer complaints, enquiries and information requests taking appropriate action to address any procedural deficiencies and ensure lesson learned are reflected.
21. Represent the Council on a variety of forums and working groups for the purpose of exchanging information, developing strategy, delivering better outcomes for the borough’s residents and improving the Council’s service offer and reputation.
22. Support the deployment of any temporary staff within the team.
23. Deputise for and represent the Commissioning Manager as required.
24. Undertake any other tasks and duties consistent with the basic objectives of the post and appropriate to the grade.
Please express your interest by forwarding your updated CV in the first instance.
Contact: Paul Barrow