Job: Team Manager
Location: The Shires Post 19 – Millfield House, Colsterworth, Nr Grantham, NG33 5NJ
Hours: Rota of 4 days on followed by 4 days off commencing at 08.00 until 21.00, including weekends and bank holidays
The Shires Post 19 provision provides care for adults up to the age of 65 with severe autism, learning disabilities and some with challenging behaviours. Millfield is a beautiful Edwardian house based in Colsterworth, Nr Grantham.
We are currently looking to recruit a Team Manager who will already be an experienced support worker who is able to demonstrate excellent standards of care and professionalism. Experience of leading shifts, managing and supporting staff and conducting supervisions are all essential. Candidates will be required to work co-operatively and within a multi-disciplinary team, taking the lead in the drafting, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of individual programmes for specific adults. The Team Manager will be expected to support the Registered Managers and to show a willingness to deputise in their absence. Driving is an essential requirement for the post.
Candidates will need to meet the following criteria:
– be computer literate and to show good levels of competence in using Windows, Word and Excel;
– hold GCSE English or equivalent;
– have experience of producing care plans from assessments;
– have already obtained the NVQ3/Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care (Adults);
– have a good working knowledge of CQC Regulations and Standards;
– have good written and verbal communication skills;
– be able to work accurately and to deadlines;
– display a commitment to promoting the safeguarding and well-being of vulnerable adults;
– have a commitment to obtaining the NVQ/L5 in Leadership and Management.
– The position is full time and will follow the shift pattern of 4 days on followed by 4 days off commencing at 08.00 until 21.00 which on average 42 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays working.Benefits include: travel allowance, induction and training, free meals, parking, uniform, pension, life insurance and 6.6 weeks holiday.
For more details please see our website .uk or contact or email
Closing date: Friday 29th April 2016
The Shires is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults.
The Shires is an Equal Opportunities Employer