We are looking for a qualified accountant to handle prepare, compute, manage, research and analyse all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our business.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Corporation tax – undertake all tax compliance processes including preparation of tax comps. Identify tax planning opportunities and liasie with advisors to maximise opportunities
- Payroll taxes – manage monthly submission and monitor compliance with all HmRC paye/ nic releases etc. Adopt best practice in payroll taxes management.
- Indirect taxes – manage compliance process and identify possible tax planning opportunities. Where identified, work with external advisors to maximise opportunities.
- Analyse accounting system to look for inaccuracies and potential improvements
- Create efficient methods for accounting and financial record-keeping
- Work with business managers to assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements
- Collect, analyse and summarise account information
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- ACA or ACCA
- Proven working experience in accounting or relevant field (Retail is preferred but not essential).
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user. MS Navision is preferred, but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
Established in 2008, Worldstores is now the UK’s largest online home & garden retailer. Offering unparalleled choice, value for money, customer service and a range of convenient delivery options, Worldstores is renowned as one of the UK’s most exciting ecommerce success stories.
ACHICA, the luxury flash-sale business, and baby specialist Kiddicare also form part of the Worldstores and play a key part in the ambitious plans for Worldstores Group in becoming a household name in the home and garden market.