An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Auditor to work within Central Government on a contract basis. This position will be based in London initially for 6 months offering up to £400 per day LTD.
The post reports directly to UK Export Finance’s Head of Internal Audit who reports in turn to the Accounting Officer.
The role offers a varied programme of audits from financial compliance to strategic development.
Some audits will include elements of IT and project assurance.
All audits are sponsored by senior management usually at Senior Civil Service level.
Required to provide assurance that key principles are being upheld within the terms and conditions of the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and other key industry standards.
The role would include, but would not be exclusively limited to, the following:
• Planning and delivering individual audit and advisory assignments, as outlined in the Internal Audit Annual Plan, to scope, quality, time and within budget
• Contributing to the overall audit strategy and the process of ongoing assurance to the Accounting Officer and audit sponsor/s on the adequacy, reliability and effectiveness of UK Export Finance’s risk management, control and governance processes
• Representing internal audit on internal programme and project boards as necessary to advise on risk and control issues and to provide assurance in regard to adherence to relevant programme and project management standards
• Delivering draft and final reports in line with agreed deadlines, keeping sponsors and key stakeholders informed of major issues as they arise and at key stages of fieldwork
• Liaising and co-operating with UK Export Finance’s external auditors to ensure the efficient use of the total audit effort
• A professional qualification, either as a chartered member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA) or a qualified accountant (CCAB membership)
• Internal Audit experience across complex organisations with a focus on adding value to the organisation. This will cover financial and operational audits
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills, as the post holder will write reports, make presentations and provide briefings for Executive Members and senior managers across the organisation
• Experience of auditing within a changing business and process environment.
For any queries please contact Rebecca Eaton on or