INCREDIBLE CATERING EVENTS MANAGER OPPORTUNITY WORKING WITHIN SOME HUGELY PRESTIGIOUS AND ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, LONDON EVENTS VENUES! THIS ROLE WOULD BE IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS EVENT CATERING EXPERIENCE LOOKING FOR THEIR NEXT STEP UP INTO A SENIOR EVENT MANAGER ROLE.
Catering Events Manager / Account Manager
£28,000 – 30,000 + bonuses
Our client is recruiting a Catering Events Manager /Account Manager who has expertise in providing Catering solutions, to clients working across some amazing Venues, involving creating bespoke Catering options for clients. You must have previous experience of selling Catering options to Clients able to budget and manage quotations successfully winning new accounts and maintaining strong client relationships for this very exclusive Catering Events Organisation.. Perhaps you are already a succesful Catering Events Manager / Account Manager looking for a Career move to work with this amazing client or you may be looking for a move into a more Senior Post.
Catering Events Manager / Account Manager – Key Responsibilities
– Process enquiries, taking into account the type of client, their budget and their specific requirements to ensure complete client satisfaction
– Confident and experienced sales skills negotiating with clients
– Look at ways in which the company can diversify its Catering offering in order to maximise revenue
– Effective ability to up sell to clients where applicable
– Consistent communication with both Private and Corporate teams, maximising revenue streams at every opportunity
– Be consistent with branding, company reputation and policy through all communication with clients and suppliers
– Take telephone and email enquiries, liaising with clients to ascertain their precise catering requirements
– Put together quotes for clients and venue sales teams as required
– Conduct meetings and site visits with clients
– Consult on menus with clients and conduct tastings as appropriate
– Organise operational aspects of own events including ordering drinks, hire equipment, booking staff and anything else required
– Meeting with the Kitchen, Operations and other teams within the organisation weekly to ensure smooth running of all upcoming events
– Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
– Ensure consistency of product at all times
– Maintain and develop relationships with key suppliers
– Awareness of competitors and shifts in industry movements and trends
– Attend weekly meetings with whole team, chefs and Operations team
– Ad-hoc duties when required as per guidance from your line manager
Catering Events Manager / Account Manager – Person Specification
– Extensive catering experience from a planning and operational perspective
– Proven sales track record with ability to understand and manage budgets
– Excellent knowledge of food and drink, with a passion for developing new ideas and following food trends
– Core team player and a key team leader
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent telephone manner
– Outstanding organizer with meticulous attention to detail, structured thinker
– Commitment to working hours so as to deliver events to the highest standard
– Thrives under pressure whilst keeping calm and ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event in the planning stages, through to managing the event on the day itself
– Ability to liaise effectively and appropriately with a wide range of suppliers and clients alike
– Excellent people skills, with the ability to manage large teams of staff, whilst ensuring a happy working environment for everyone
– Outgoing confident personality, with flexible and adaptable approach to work
– Initiative and ability to think on your feet is essential
– Self-motivation, can-do attitude
– Smart, professional appearance
– Punctuality and professionalism at all times
– Good knowledge of word and excel, an understanding of CRM or other database system would be useful but not essential
The successful candidate will be experienced with a passion for catering.
They must be self-directed, extremely proactive, motivated, enthusiastic and hard working with a can-do approach to life.
In return, we will be committed to your on-going professional development whilst being part of an exciting, friendly, sociable team working in the heart of London.
Office hours are 0900 – 1800 Monday to Friday; however, as is the nature of the industry, you will be required to work the necessary hours to perform the role to a satisfactory level, including evenings and weekends for both events, client entertainment and client meetings.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would love to go for, then please do not hesistate to get in touch!
Email: gemma@maidayrecruit .co.uk