If you have a passion to work in the Hospitality industry, and want to work in the largest multi-brand hospitality business this the job for you. You will spend time learning all the skills you need to progress in your career – both in the kitchen and front of house.
What will you do in this role?
Everything we do as a business is built on the enthusiasm and professionalism of the people in our team roles. So if you have a passion for creating an amazing guest experience and have a desire to learn, this is the job for you. In order for you to get an all round understanding of the business before you decide which route is right for you, you commence your apprenticeship with 8 months in the kitchen and then 4 months front of house.
• You will be expected to develop your skills throughout our business
• You’ll prepare, cook and present meals to specification.
• You’ll ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, compliance with licensing law and cash handling procedures.
• You’ll help ensure each and every one of our guests has a great service experience.
• You’ll be responsible for taking orders, serving excellent quality food and a great range of drinks.
• You’ll work with the team on shift to create a friendly, buzzing atmosphere for our guests to enjoy.
• You’ll work as part of a tight-knit team in an exciting, fast-moving environment.
As part of this apprenticeship you will work towards a Level 2 qualification in Hospitality Services. This is a unique brand new opportunity with an annual career review. The training will be delivered in the form of work based learning, webinars and will include functional skills.
Mitchells and Butler’s Brands
• All Bar One
• Crown Carveries
• Ember Inns
• Miller and Carter
• Oak Tree
• Premium Country Pubs
• Sizzling Oak Tree & O’Neills
• Toby Carvery
• Vintage Inns
• Orchid Pubs
What Will Make You Perfect For The Job
The key is a passion to create a great guest experience, either through providing the highest quality food and service to our customers. Don’t worry if you haven’t got experience, we’ll give you all the training you need. In return you should be enthusiastic about what you do, and willing to learn. You should also have a good eye for detail and be able to work under pressure.
What We Offer
• Nationally recognised Apprenticeship qualifications
• Structured internal training programmes
• Higher than Government determined wage rates
• Genuine career development to progress you to the next level
• Dine with us’ 20% employee discount at our 1600 restaurants and pubs
• Fabulous High Street shopping discounts
• Free shares and Sharesave schemes for employees with 12 months service
• Stakeholder pension scheme
• 28 days holiday (pro rata)
• Stability of employment that comes with the UK leading Restaurant employer
Apply now if you fancy a rewarding and challenging career where you can really go places.
Number of Positions Available :1
Working Week :30 Hours Shift Work inc. evenings and weekends
Application Deadline Date :25/04/2016
Possible Start Date :02/05/2016
Skills Required :You need to have a keen interest in the Hospitality Industry and be dedicated to working towards your NVQ.
Future Prospects :This is a unique brand new opportunity with an annual career review.
Training to be Provided :
•NVQ Level 2 in Hospitality Services
•Pathway 1: Hospitality Services
• Maintenance of a safe, hygienic & secure working environment (3)
• Working effectively as part of an hospitality team (3)
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation (5)
• Maintain food safety when storing, preparing & cooking food (4)
• Employment Rights & responsibilities (2)
• Complete Kitchen Documentation (3)
• Prepare & Cook Meat & Poultry (4)
• Produce basic vegetable dishes (4)
• Prepare hot & cold sandwiched (2)
Food & Beverage Units
• Receive, store & issue drink stock (3)
• Prepare and serve dispensed & instant hot drinks (3)
• Prepare and clear the bar area (4)
Other Information : From 1st of October 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the national Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The minimum wage for apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Things to consider : This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment
Contact: Recruitment Team