Demob Job Reference: j2347
Job Title: Subcontract Buyer
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £40,000 per annum
My client is a leading provider in support services to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and now have an immediate requirement for a Subcontract Buyer to be based at their site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Additional works Pre-Delivery team and be responsible for all pre-contract commercial aspects of tendering and awarding additional works. You will possess a demonstrable proven background as a Buyer ideally within the construction industry.
– Work with the Pre-Delivery Project Managers in writing and agreeing the Linear Bills (Works Packages) and ensuring that they are correct and functional.
– Compiling Tender Lists from database of existing subcontractors and external sources (such as results of advertisements on Government defence websites / journals etc.).
– Compose the Request for Proposal (Invitation to Tender) and issue to subcontractors.
– Be the focal point for contractor’s Q&As during tender process.
– Collate returned proposal and arrange opening with client.
– Uploading of project commercial details onto the ‘Additional Works System’, the bespoke computer package used.
– Commercial evaluation and adjudication of the tender returns.
– Work with the Pre-Delivery Project Managers to technically evaluate the tenders.
– Be main point of contact for Client while they are carrying out their evaluation providing impartial opinion of the subcontractor and their performance and, based on this, decide if they should be used in the future.
– Raise Purchase Orders.
– Raising and Issuing of Subcontracts.
– Arrange and chair ‘wash up’ meeting at the end of each major project to ascertain impartial opinion of the subcontractor and their performance and, based on this, decide if they should be used in the future.
– Co-ordinate subcontractor pre-qualification and re-accreditation process.
– Previous experience of working in procurement (preferably, but not essentially) in the construction industry.
– Computer literate – Excel to an intermediate level.
– Valid Full UK driving licence.
– Willingness to travel to other sites.
– £40,000 annual salary.
– Company pension scheme.
– Company Vehicle.
– 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
– Challenging and varied working environment.
– Opportunity to join a large and well established business.