We are looking for a bright and energetic candidate with a passion for books and a great interest in the continually expanding digital publishing market to work on Ipso Books, the digital arm of Peters Fraser and Dunlop Group Limited, based at our Central London offices. This position will require someone with great time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills, keen attention to detail and a pro-active nature.
* Develop new publishing projects.
* Research and pursue new literary talent to publish.
* Liaise with clients, agents, and editors to generate and develop ideas for content.
* Research sources, and appropriate writers, editors and contributors for non-fiction publications.
* Find suitable contributors for original Ipso Books content and commission new content.
* Negotiate publishing contracts dealing with copyright issues, royalties, fees, and permissions.
* Brief journalists, authors, and other contributors via verbal and written reports and provide feedback on proposed content.
* Research trends in digital publishing, marketing and media and present findings to the company in written reports and presentations.
* Commission new images for clients’ use in publishing projects and research images for clients.
* Liaise with clients, agents, and design and production professionals regarding appropriate images to be used and negotiate fees for that use.
* Develop and oversee sales and marketing strategy for Ipso Books projects.
* Track and report on Ipso Books sales and broader sales trends.
* Develop new commercial opportunities for clients.
* Liaise with major online retailers and media outlets.
* Manage the day to day running of Ipso Books including:
* Creating and maintaining marketing and production budgets
* Developing Financial Reports
* Demonstrated understanding of publishing and digital trends.
* Proven experience in confidently managing and coordinating freelance consultants.
* Proven experience in researching, developing, and implementing new marketing strategies and briefs.
* Existing relationships with major online retailers.
* Experience with literary estates and backlist titles.
* Experience with Bradbury Philips Software
* Experience with Facebook Advertising (developing and tracking campaigns).
* Proven ability to produce financial reports and manage budgets and production schedules.
* Experienced in negotiating copyright permissions and fees for use of written and visual content.
* Experience with publishing contracts for both frontlist and estates clients.
* Proven experience in managing social media and digital marketing campaigns.
* Experience in managing the digital publishing process from submission to post publication and ability to work directly with authors and senior agents throughout the process
* Demonstrated understanding of and connections to both UK and other English language publishing markets.
* A proven ability to work across a diverse range of genres.
* Experience with publicity campaigns and dealing with print and online media outlets.
* A good commercial eye.
* A relevant bachelors degree.
Closing Date: April 7th, 2016
Contact: Samia Spice