Teacher of Science required- North Manchester
Teacher of Science
Required to start after Easter
School situated in North-Manchester
Randstad Education is the leading agency in education recruitment. The Manchester Secondary Education Office specialises in providing secondary teachers and school support staff to secondary schools, academies, independent schools and sixth form colleges. This covers a region of over 140 secondary schools and 16 sixth-form colleges across the North-West.
– Randstad Education requires a Teacher of Science for a school situated in North-Manchester.
– The role will be on a temporary supply basis in the first instance.
– The ideal candidate has to be enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious to students needs, and able to teach Science to Key Stages 3 & 4.
– You must have experience of teaching Science to 11-16 year olds in the UK. Unfortunately, due to our strict compliance criteria, we are unable to consider applications if you haven’t.
– You must also live in the North-West area and be able to commute to Manchester on a daily basis.
– This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an improving school and to enrich the lives of young people in and around the Manchester area.
– It is a mixed-comprehensive school situated in the Manchester area.
– The senior management team have high expectations of the staff and expect them to achieve their personal best in all that they do.
– The school encourages pupils to be expressive and creative through the provision of a positive learning atmosphere.
– It is highly inclusive where all members are valued and thrive in a safe & caring environment.
– The school is looking for a Science teacher to deliver quality lessons to enhance the academic levels of the pupils.
– Valuing diversity: listen, support & monitor the diverse contributions made to service development without prejudice. Challenge behaviours and processes which do not positively advance the diversity agenda whilst being prepared to accept feedback about own behaviour.
– Being able to recognise people’s strengths, aspirations and abilities and help to develop their potential.
– Experience of working with teenagers from areas of social deprivation is preferred as the students require strong behaviour management skills.
If you’re interested in this position, please email your CV to or call and speak to a member of the Secondary team. Last year, all qualified Science teachers were offered long-term or permanent positions.
Alternatively, if you know the name of someone who might be interested please can you refer them via /education/refer-a-friend and you could earn up to Â£300 in gift vouchers.
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education’s child protection & UK Eligibility checks.