Senior Records Clerk in Patents – c£40k + amazing perks
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced patents administrator or records/formalities clerk looking for a step up or new challenge. Working at one of the fastest growing and arguably the most modern and dynamic IP firm in London, this is a brilliant time to join them and make your mark.
They have stunning offices, a really great working environment that is professional but relaxed and genuinely sociable, not just on the support side but across the board without the “them and us” culture that exists in so many places.
What they are looking for is an experienced patent support person, ideally CIPA qualified, who has the confidence and gravitas to take on a more senior position where they will be using their knowledge and understanding of the patents process to help train/guide less experienced members of staff. You will need to be proactive and have a keen interest in patents and ideally a sound knowledge of Inprotech, EPOLine and other relevant systems.
Duties will include;
• Being the focal point for the team manager for any EP/GB/WO related issues
• Dealing with the attorneys to resolve and deal with queries
• Providing information to attorneys to help them locate and interpret information pertaining to IP rules and regulations
• Preparing reports for attorneys and clients
• Reviewing of incoming post to identify matters requiring urgent or special attention and ensuring that the appropriate action is taken
• Processing incoming correspondence – EP, GB and PCT
• Reporting publication notices, overdue renewal notices and sending reminder letters to clients
• Good understanding of all aspects of the EPOLine filing software (from preparing new EP/GB/WO forms, checking forms to ensure they have been completed correctly and then submitting the relevant forms to the patent offices)
So if you have at least 3 years’ experience as patent administrator, formalities clerk, renewals clerk or even as a patent secretary and you have all the required knowledge and experience, then my client would love to hear from you!
In addition to this amazing opportunity to grow and develop at one of the leading IP firms in the country, you’ll also get a very competitive salary, superb benefits including bonuses and a very generous pension – but still only be working 9-5 at a firm that prides itself on offering a great work-life balance.
For more information on this and other opportunities like this, please contact us in complete confidence.
Contact: John Bruce