Families First- SCHADS Level 6
$57k-$60k + super + salary packaging
7 month contract, 4 days per week
Intensive, short term interventions working with experienced senior social workers
About the company
A community organisation that provides support for vulnerable and disadvantaged people. They have a long history of supporting children and young people. If successful you would work with a very experienced team and come in as a case manager.
About the role.
This role is for a SCHADS level 6 case manager. The successful applicant will work in the Families First team which provides short term, intensive support to families involved with Child Protection where there is a risk of children or young people being placed in out- of- home care. The program also supports families where children or young people are being reunited with their parents after time spent in the care of others.
• Asses quickly the needs of the family and the child
• Therapeutic interventions for children, understanding social behaviors
• Support with trauma, family violence and mental health
• Parenting assessment and skills development in 6-8 weeks
• Compliancy and risk mitigation
Skills and Experience
• Tertiary Qualification in Social Work or Psychology (beneficial)
• Ability to work in a structured and complex team
• Desirable is a knowledge of child protection, out of home care or children’s services such as family first or stronger families
• An organized, professional, reliable person is a must
• Salary Packaging increasing you non taxable income to $34,000
• Working in a team whose outcomes affect lives
• The lead service in the out of home care program
To apply click apply below or for more information contact Paul Ridley on 03 9223 7554 or email email@example.com