This Dental practice is located in the ACT defense base. Defense personnel have a vested interest in maintaining their health and wellbeing therefore make excellent patients.
Working hours are family friendly and you will be surrounded by a close knit, supportive team and will enjoy the benefit of working in modern, first class facilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Dental assistant looking for a long term fixed role. The successful candidate will have a minimum of Certificate III in Dental Assisting coupled with at least two years recent full time chair side experience dental assisting experience. There will also be a requirement for a first aid certificate and cardiopulmonary resuscitation within a dental surgery.
Another function of this role will be to provide assistance with dental administration while ensuring adherence with privacy legislation and defense policies and procedures in relation to the protection of personal information.
Daily tasks to include:
• Chair side Assistance
• Promotion of Oral Health
• Take dental intra oral/ intra extra radiographs (Where licensed)
• Implement infection control procedures
• Pour dental models where required (trained)
• Participate in quality and governance improvement
• Audit and revue of dental records
• Maintenance of stores and equipment
• Booking appointments, preparation of files and equipment, input of dental statistics etc. into manual and electronic health systems
• Prepare and present lectures as required
• Provision of specific reports
• Other tasks as directed to promote the good order and function of the dental facility