An exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the team of this Birmingham based law firm.
A Birmingham based law firm seeking to engage a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will:
* Work with teams to act as liaison and communicate and co-ordinate BD activities.
* Work with partners to devise new products and/or marketing initiatives appropriate for priority sectors and legal teams. Lead on the execution of these projects.
* Work with sectors and priority legal teams to identify targets and agree client development and market objectives, including monitoring delivery of those objectives.
* Assist sector and team leaders with projects such as business planning and strategy.
* Work with the teams, Client Partners and Client Service Managers for key clients to continually identify new opportunities and areas of potential growth and to generate ideas to create new business.
* Work closely with priority sectors and key account teams to ensure that relationship management activities for strategic clients are aligned with the firm wide strategy, and that trends from the market are incorporated into business planning.
* Monitor financial performance for priority sectors and key clients.
* Act as central knowledge resource for, and advocate of, the firm’s strategy, clients and the expertise in relevant sectors and teams. Draft and coordinate internal communication of the sector strategy, initiatives, financial performance and successes.
* Work with bids team on any major sector focused bids to bring sector knowledge.
* Support client targeting efforts and assist with the tailoring of key messages.
* Maintain sector focused marketing data for use in pitches and business development.
* Prepare and run the group marketing budget and industry memberships.
* Assist with organising client seminars.
The successful candidate for the role of Business Development Manager will have experience of working in a BD or Marketing role within a Professional Services firm.