Senior Sous Chef Â£24k – 26k plus Â£5,000 Tips, plus 2K Bonuses
We are a privately owned busy 120 cover restaurant & bar situated in Mid Sussex.
Our freshly made seasonal menu is key to our business. The dishes are modern British that combines the classics alongside more contemporary dishes.
We also have specials which also change on a daily basis.
In addition to this we also cater for large group bookings, weddings, and buffets so there is always plenty of variety.
Your role will be to assist the head chef in leading the rest of the kitchen team to deliver consistently high quality meals to our customers.
You will need to be passionate about cooking, hard working and reliable. You must be able to work well within a team and have experience working in a busy kitchen
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
* Running a kitchen of 5 in the Head Chef’s absence.
* Constantly advising the Head Chef on needs and ordering requirements
* Checking the cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards.
* Work as part of a team in a constructive manner and have a committed approach to the development of creative service in the kitchen.
* Be aware of Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations
* Training new staff and helping them develop their own career
Sous Chef Skills:
* Strong background in high quality Gastro pubs or hotels.
* Having your own transport is desirable
* You must have worked as a Senior Chef de Partie, Junior Sous Chef or Sous Chef in your previous role.
* You must be used to working with fresh ingredients and place a heavy emphasis on quality and consistency.
* 5 days over 7, splits and straights.
* Tips are on average Â£4,000 a year
* This role does not come with accommodation so we are only able to consider applications from candidates currently living in the UK.
Contact: Paul Jones