Â£18 – 19K depending on experience
My client is an independent, technology-based company, providing the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. My client is specialised in the process development and the manufacturing of peptides and complex organic molecules as active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), as well as innovative biochemical for research purposes. With affiliates in Europe and the US, my client works on a global scale and holds a leading position in the field of peptides.
An opportunity is now available within the Purification Laboratory of the UK lab.
Working in the Purification Laboratory you will be part of the purification team working closely with the Purification Laboratory Manager. You will be responsible for analysing and purifying in-house synthesised peptides to custom specifications.
* Operation and method development for a range of HPLC, LPLC and MS instruments using a range of HPLC software packages (EZ Chrom, Star and Unipoint).
* Dedicated and well organised and methodical with strict attention to detail
* Comfortable to work in a small team environment
* Chemical modification of peptides
* Compliance with QMS in all aspects of work including review and generation of SOP
* Competency in basic computing skills
* Documentation and reporting of all work completed, both written and oral
* Awareness of H+S in a lab environment
* Neat/tidy both in practical work and reporting
* Manage specific projects with high priority and/or high complexity
The successful Purification Chemist will have a Degree or higher Degree in Analytical Chemistry or similar and previous experience in industry is desirable.
If you are looking to work with world-class pharmaceutical development and manufacturing organisation, please apply online or email your CV to