One of the UK’s best known developers of new homes are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant. Encompassing medium to large-scale developments in towns, cities and the countryside, mixed use schemes, riverside apartments and refurbished historic buildings, they are a leader in new developments and well established in their industry. Having won many awards over the years including Best London Home award, they deserve their spot on the FTSE 100 stock exchange.
The Accounts Payable role is based in the City of London. The role will cover a wide range of responsibilities within Accounts Payable including:
– To ensure expense purchases of the business are accurately and efficiently recorded in the company ledgers.
– To ensure that the purchases of the business are accurately and efficiently recorded in the company ledgers in line with the companies procurement procedures
– To ensure that the company accounting controls and procedures are followed in financial transaction processing
– To ensure smooth communication and interaction with other company departments and external suppliers on a day-to-day basis
– Following up queries from the team and dealing with these effectively
– Registration and input of supplier invoices on receipt
– Follow-up of invoice authorisations and approvals
– preparation of payment runs, ensuring creditors are paid on time
– Preparation of reconciliations between ledger and supplier statements
– Dealing with queries from external suppliers and other departments within the company
– Assisting with preparation of year-end accounts
– Assist in other tasks and areas of the teams work as the need and opportunity arises
You will be working alongside a team of 6 people and reporting to a Senior AP Assistant and the AP Manager.
You must possess a minimum of 18 months experience in Accounts Payable, and you will be prepared to get involved in more responsibilities alongside the Accounts Payable duties.You will have strong attention to detail, high levels of accuracy and the ability to work on your own initiative and generate solutions. You will be professional in your approach with high levels of discretion, yet amiable and a proven team player.
Salary & Benefits
Â£20,000 – Â£24,000 depending on level of experience
25 days annual leave
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Contact: Robyn Richmond