The Strategy & Capital Market Relations assists the Group Chief Executive, Group Chief Financial Officer, Director of Strategy & Capital Market Relations and Business Unit Management in the development of strategy and the execution of opportunities.
a) Research: Monitor competitor news, industry developments and distribute information as appropriate
b) Long-term trends and perspectives: assess potential medium-term and long-term market developments and provide insights to Senior Management.
c) Relationships: Maintain relationships with external consultants and investment bankers to stay informed of competitor and industry developments
a) Group strategy: Support Director of Strategy & Corporate Development on strategy projects and performing analysis on specific topics, and developing presentations for senior management.
b) Business Unit strategy: support Director of Strategy & Corporate Development in working with Business Units in the development of their strategies.
Support the Director of Strategy & Corporate Development on M&A projects:
a) Group and Business Unit M&A Projects: analysis and project management support for any potential transactions.
CEO Office Engagement:
a) CEO Briefings and Presentations: Providing context and insight to the CEO Office in respect of market intelligence, economic perspectives and strategic initiatives in the preparation of CEO briefings and CEO presentations
Core Competences Required:
* Strong analytical skills, able to digest complicated data, perform analysis and produce clear findings.
* Ability to utilise influencing skills and the ability to work effectively across formal organisational design boundaries.
* Sound understanding of strategic drivers affecting the retail financial services industry.
* Experience of global markets
* Ability to produce quality output within tight deadlines
* Effective presentation skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to work discretely in a confidential environment
* Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
* Experience of working in a dynamic team within a pressurised environment
* Strong academic record, including a good degree
Contact: Mel Harris