A UK division of a large international group, offering a highly interactive working environment and significant development prospects for the coming 3 years, seeks an ambitious Part-Qualified to join their UK Finance team. With a strong benefits package available, inclusive of full study support, you will be given the chance to undertake an ever-expanding list of responsibilities, reporting to the Finance Manager and Financial Director.
This role is designed to learn all aspects of UK financial reporting, with a view to moving into either a Management Accountant or Finance Manager post within the next two years.
The main duties will include:
– assisting with the preparation of month-end management accounts packs to include accrual, overheads and adjustment journals preparation and posting
– preparation of analysis on actuals against budget variance commentaries
– maintenance of the fixed asset register including all additions, disposals and depreciation journals
– reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts
– maintaining analysis of capital projects, ensuring CAPEX kept in line
– calculation of interim corporation tax payable
– reconciliation of bank accounts and cashbook records
– processing inter-company invoices
– organising the recharge of invoices to either suppliers or Group
– assisting Finance Manager with EMU reporting
Applicants are expected to be Part-Qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA studies, and nearing the end of the qualification, with a view to completing by 2017 at the latest. You will need to demonstrate significant practical exposure to month-end reporting procedures, ideally within a sizable commercial entity over recent years.
A strong working knowledge of accounting systems, including MS Excel, is considered a pre-requisite, as is the ability to manipulate data and report to Board level with minimal supervision.
You will show exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to facilitate working with a wide range of non-finance staff, alongside a flexibility in your mindset that will benefit a rapidly expanding commercial organisation.
If you feel this wonderful opportunity could benefit your future career development, please Apply Online for further details.