About the Role:
A vacancy has arisen for a Warehouse Team Leader within the Langley Distribution Centre of Smiths News to work in a fast-paced environment, driving change and continuous improvement. This is a unique role within the company focusing on our travel and aviation business distributing newspapers and magazines across London’s airports.
– Supervising a warehouse team dealing with the packing and picking of magazines, in addition to returns scanning.
– Overseeing the goods in process, booking stock onto SAP and ensuring accurate stock control.
– To achieve optimum productivity and accuracy within a warehouse distribution environment.
– Providing support for the planning of all warehouse department staff
– Training and coaching of staff to ensure a strong and flexible team
– Monitoring any unidentified returns and resolving customer queries
– Covering for other members of the Management Team
– Ensuring all standard operating practices are adhered to.
– Ensuring that Company health, safety and security standards are maintained.
– Maintaining high standards of House Keeping at all times.
– Must have previous team leading/ supervisory experience
– Would suit an individual looking to develop their people management/supervision skills.
– An awareness of Health and Safety.
– Forklift licence essential
– Reliable and flexible attitude to work
Hy-phen Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.