Capita Property & Infrastructure are looking to recruit a Graduate Building Control Surveyor to assist in the delivery of the Building Control service and support Building Control surveyors in delivering an effective Building Control service as well as other non-statutory general building surveying duties. This exciting role will be based in our offices in Barnet, North London. However, travelling may be required to other CAPITA or clients offices.
The successful candidate will:
* Assist in undertaking the professional building control duties under the supervision and direction of a manager or other experienced staff, primarily, covering the checking of full plans/building notice applications and carrying out site inspections to ensure compliance with building regulations.
* Assist in the Building Regulation application validation and general administration processes.
* Provide general quality advice to customers of the Building Control service.
* Contribute to construction related fee earning projects other than Building Control projects e.g. Party wall awards, structural calculation design etc.
* Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the Building Control Service so as to minimise the loss of work to Approved Inspectors in the private sector.
The ideal candidate will be:
* Qualified with a relevant degree and be able to show commitment to achieve Full Chartered Member status with the RICS and/or ABE within agreed timescale.
* A competent user of IT and it’s application particularly in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) together with AutoCAD and Uniform.
* A proven ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
* Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of building construction.
* Able to demonstrate a practical understanding of the implications of Health and Safety legislation particularly in relation to personal health, safety and welfare and of others.
* Physically capable of climbing ladders/scaffolds and not be affected by heights to carry out the full scope of duties of the post.
To undertake the role, you must also hold a clean current Driving licence and have the use of own car.
Contact: Michael Hughes