Based in Essex working for a leading aerospace and defence company, the Lead Supportability Engineer will be required to manage and implement Integrated Logistic Support and Supportability Engineering requirements on project work packages and direct, or support, other team members on tasks, providing experience, knowledge and expertise. The Logistic Support Management & Analysis (LSM&A) Team within Supportability Engineering at Basildon require a highly motivated technical ILS/Supportability Engineering expert that has demonstrable pedigree in delivering successful ILS work packages in the military or civil domain.
As a Principal Supportability Engineer you will be expected to lead Supportability Engineering within IPTs throughout the Product Lifecycle. Typical activities will include:
* Tailoring of ILS and Supportability tasks in accordance with the nature of the project.
* Develop and maintain support and maintenance plans.
* Provide ILS and Supportability inputs and estimates into the bid process.
* Management of ILS and Supportability Engineering deliverables to the customer.
* Ensuring Supportability Engineering is considered during product development and that the product meets with the relevant requirements.
* Developing support solutions for the in-service phase.
In addition, and with specialist support, the following activities may need to be conducted or managed:
* Delivery of Technical Publications and associated material.
* Training design, development and delivery.
* Field Support Engineering for installation, support and disposal.
* Reliability, Maintainability and Testability.
* Failure reporting, analysis and corrective actions.
To be successful in this role the Lead Supportability Engineer will have the following skills and experience
* Five years or more background of supportability and ILS in defence or civil engineering.
* Evidence of the planning and application of supportability engineering activities & ILS to projects.
* Understanding and application of Supportability Engineering defence standards.
* Understanding of the product life cycle and role of Supportability Engineering in Systems engineering.
* Good knowledge of Reliability and Maintainability, FMEA/FMECA, and Testability analysis techniques, standards using one or more industry standard tools.
* Good standard of spoken/written English and technical report and proposal writing.
* Experienced in the business winning process, and producing supportability task estimates for bids and proposals.
* Ability to develop customer in-service support solutions using a range of contracting options.
The following personal characteristics are essential:
* Use of statistical analysis in supportability engineering work.
* Use of spares modelling and spares optimisation tools.
* Supportability Analysis tasks and data records and database tools, ILS standards, LCC modelling/trade-offs.
* FTA, RCM and Reliability/Maintainability demonstration analysis, reliability testing.
* Commercial awareness in relation to support contracting options.
* Risk identification and mitigation.
* Use of any of the following tools:
Key words – Lead Supportability Engineer – ILS – Integrated logistics support – RCM – FTA – LCC – FMEA/FMECA
Contact: Lisa Cockerill