Senior Quantity Surveyor – Market Leading Consultancy – South London
Role: Senior Quantity Surveyors/SQS/Estimator/Cost Manager
Salary: Competitive – depending on experience
Job Type: Full time/Permanent
Location: South London
Job Reference: LT1041
Seeking an ambitious Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a multi-disciplinary professional building consultancy based in South London.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor with a PQS background to help support the more junior members of staff within the Commercial Team. My client is looking for an individual to grow and progress within the business where Quantity Surveying services are provided both internally to the company technical teams, and externally to clients.
* RICS attributed or demonstrable relevant experience
* Degree educated in relevant subject
* Ability to manage and lead a technical team
* Professional, confident approach with excellent written and oral communications.
* Good all round technical ability and experienced in all aspects of quantity surveying – procurement, cost planning, feasibility estimates, post contract duties and claims
* Knowledge of JCT, NEC3 and TPC contracts is preferable
* Responsible for satisfactory delivery of own workload and assisting Head of Quantity Surveying Services overseeing technical personnel and team wide projects.
* You will develop an understanding of job profitability and provide sufficient information to the Head of Quantity Surveying Services in order that accurate fee projections can be prepared.
The role will encompass:
* Liaising with clients in respect of technical matters
* To provide Quantity Surveying services to both internally to divisions of the company and externally to clients
* Providing technical advice to more junior members of staff within the team
* Taking full responsibility for technical matters for projects within your control
* Helping to develop client contacts and obtain work from existing clients
This is a full time office based role working on varied projects including multimillion pound Public Sector housing developments within the London area. This role will suit a candidate with ambition and the drive to succeed as being part of a growing department within the company.
My client works in several sectors including Housing, Health, Education, Government and Commercial offering services such as Cost Consulting, Project Management, Planning, Interiors and Building Surveying.
If you believe that you possess the relevant experience that this Senior Quantity Surveyor position requires then please contact Lucy Taylor with an up to date CV including all previous projects at or call Genesis on 01625 446090.
JOB REF: LT1041
Applications will be processed with the strictest of confidentiality and professionalism.
Contact: Genesis Associates