My client – a global Aerospace Manufacturer are looking to recruit a Lead Quality Engineer for their London site. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a world class organisation that is experiencing impressive growth and looking to build their Quality team.
My client is a global Aerospace manufacturer. With annual sales of $4 Billion in 2014 and over 15,000 employees world wide covering nearly 150 locations in more than 30 countries and a public trading history dating back to 1930, my client has seen steady growth take them from strength to strength, with the wide and high quality product range present in over 9 markets.
As a result of this success, they are looking to expand their Quality team at their London site and are presenting a fantastic opportunity to the right individual to be part of the Quality team.
My client requires the successful candidate to Lead and coach the quality team across 2 sites to ensure the management and development of the Quality system is in line with the Company Business Management System, processes and customer / regulatory requirements. They will be responsible for the prioritisation of work where required across both sites. There will be a requirement to provide support to a third site from time to time. The specifics for the Lead Quality Engineer role are as follows –
- Lead and host audits carried out by customers, third parties and authorities.
- Be responsible for documenting customer findings from audits and issuing and managing the non conformance’s for satisfactory response and closure.
- Devise the internal quality plan based on risk and carry out internal audits in accordance with Company programme.
- Identify gaps relating to audits and implement procedural changes to reflect current practices which comply with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure customer dissatisfaction is documented and the appropriate action taken to ensure non re-occurrence of issues found.
- Devising and implementing appropriate methods of analysis for data related to KPI’s appropriate to the business such as internal audits, supplier performance, customer returns and non conformance’s for continuous improvement.
- Reporting KPI’s at appropriate intervals and holding continuous improvement meetings and associated issued actions. Inc FRB, MRB, CAB’s.
- Direct the quality team on a daily basis related to prioritisation of tasks.
- Responsible for release of Product in accordance with EASA Form 1 Requirements (CAA Part 21 and 145), FAR 145 and Certificate of Conformity of all products from the business site, including delegating responsibility during absences.
- Achieve and maintain delegated quality responsibility from Customers and where necessary delegate to other competent individuals.
- Produce and submit First Article Reports to customer and check supplier reports
- Monitor and escalate, where necessary, internal product quality issues
- Lead problem solving teams in line with the Ametek Airtechnology standard processes to ensure effective corrective action is implemented.
- Identifying and developing internal departmental process improvements.
- Deliver internal training as defined by the quality organisation.
- Actively participate in the organisations Self inspection programme.
- Being accountable for the Penge and Andover sites Calibration – including cost reduction, frequency reviews etc.
- Actively be contribute in the NPI within the business.
- Lead and performance manage the quality department.
- Promote good ethical behaviour in the organisation.
- Deputising for the Quality Manager.
The successful candidate for the Lead quality Engineer role will have to demonstrate the following history and professional knowledge –
- An understanding of regulatory requirements appertaining to the supply of product for the Aerospace and Defence industries, Part 145, part 21G, AS9100.
- Familiarity with the AS 9100, EASA21G & 145 and FAA standards/regulations.
- A proven track record of working in an Quality Engineering role within a dynamic operations environment.
- Quality career background or closely associated.
- Proven track record of leading a quality team demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of coaching and mentoring with a strong aptitude for motivating others.
- Able to write comprehensive reports.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both externally and internally.
- Significant Microsoft office skills, including creation of Excel spreadsheets.
- Good command of the English language and very articulate.
- Good presentation and communication skills to groups of around 10 people and to senior management.
- Good time management with a dedicated approach to work.
- Results orientated.
- Team player, who is self driven and takes ownership.
- Verbal reasoning.
- Numerical aptitude.
- Handles pressure well.
Â£35,000 – Â£45,000 + benefits