Front end developer/UI Developer – West London
About the job
My client is looking to hire two Front end developer/UI Developer to join their newly formed Global Interactive team at our state of the art Media and Commerce Centre based in west London
Interactive is a global function, and will determine the future design of their digital platforms and prioritise the introduction of new features and functions for all of their markets. The development of the digital and mobile exposurefor our customers continues to be one of our highest global priorities and will support their continued digital commerce growth.
- Develop front-end code and deliver new content and functionality for digital platforms (Web, Mobile, Email etc)
- Create, adapt or localise UX driven commercial enhancements to ecommerce platforms
UX Production and Front-end Development – 70%
- Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/jQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Convert wireframes, UX requirements and design into front-end code for platforms
- Create and evolve efficient, reusable web templates and widgets for use by web designers in daily production
- Collaborate with designers and developers to ensure market leading standards are achieved
- Work with US, and German IT developers in the development of global ecommerce architecture
- To build working functional prototypes and develop web content and applications
- To test and refine front-end code across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Mentor and train designers in best practice for creating W3C standard accessible web pages, basic technical issues and application training
- Working with UX and design, managing time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- Work in an agile, cross functional team responsible for passing front-end deliverables to the extended development team to a quality they are happy with
- Collaborating with team members and business stakeholders to help define and deliver requirements
- Working with the Solutions Architect, and teams, to ensure code meets required quality and adheres to best practice
- Actively promote and ensure compliance to the W3C standards, guide other teams in their use of HTML, to seek out and actively promote ideas and techniques in the team
- Expected to lead by example, be hands on, involved in front end tasks and take on site defects etc
- To support in the delivery of off-hour migrations or fixes to platforms if required
- Involved with the technical design of solutions for UK online platforms; working alongside appropriate stakeholders including business, engineering, architecture and service
- Ensure Semantic HTML and SEO considerations are taken into account
Evolving front-end code for UK platforms – 30%
- Educate the creative teams to ensure their work does not adversely affects the sites performance/scalability
- Guide and mentor within the department and provide feedback to line managers around front-end coding for performance and reviews.
- To seek out and actively promote new techniques and best practice in front end development
- Participate in discussions with other teams about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- To help define and document architecture standards
- To optimise qvcuk.com for accessibility, W3C usability and search engines through front end development techniques of XHTML and CSS layouts
- To evolve and maintain browser matrix and compatibility
- To look for opportunities to improve existing functionality and content based on business requirements
This is an excellent opportunity for a Front-End Developer/ UI Developer to join a forward thinking, growing company in West London with great public transport links to their offices.
Work with a team of highly skilled Designers and developers on projects that are fast-paced, interesting and technically challenging,
Join a growing team of IT experts who can help you reach your full potential as a Front-End Developer/ UI Developer.
This is a hot role with immediate interviews available for Front-End Developer/ UI Developer, to be considered email with your most up to date CV and salary expectations.
Urgent role – please apply now!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.