IT Engineer (Infrastructure Support)
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 + Benefits (Contributory Pension, Health Cover)
Location: Central London
Great opportunity for a IT Support professional to join a growing Government agency in Central London. The role will see you play an integral part in a fast paced IT support team. The role offers excellent benefits and a great work culture.
Applicants should have prior experience within an IT/Infrastructure support role.
• Provide effective second and third line support resolving incidents escalated from the ICT Service desk.
• Maintain and develop the organisation’s IT infrastructure and application suite
• Provide support and implementation activities outside of agreed service hours operating periods.
• Resolve incidents in line with agreed SLA’s.
• Maintain the infrastructure service systems documentation.
• Implement infrastructure changes
• Liaise with the 3rd party IT providers to resolve incidents
• Ensure the organisation’s infrastructure is operated in line with information security standards
• Assist in the development and testing of the ICT business continuity arrangements.
• Implement updates and changes to the ICT infrastructure outside of core service hours where necessary.
Applicants should have the following experience/skills:
• Experience in an IT/infrastructure support role.
• Knowledge and experience of corporate IT systems.
• Knowledge of SAN/NAS, LAN and WAN.
• Experience of working in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
• High levels of determination and commitment.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, prioritise urgent issues whilst achieving outcomes to agreed deadlines.
• An uncompromising approach to outstanding customer service.
• Excellent team working skills.
• Good communication skills and a capacity to work with a wide range of people.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.