3 – 6 months
Â£350 – Â£425 per day
Start – ASAP
BI Analyst is needed on an initial 3 – 6 months’ contract for a cutting edge project based in Northampton.
As the BI Analyst you will act as an interface between business units across the business and the Data Warehouse team.
The BI Analyst will be key in ensuring that the overall approach to the delivery of the clients reporting is inclusive and comprehensive. There will be a focus on the preparation of specifications for the Data Warehouse team which will drive the pipeline for developments in the Data Warehouse.
The BI Analyst will also be required to work closely with internal customers to understand and interpret their requirements for ad-hoc reporting. There will also be a requirement to amend & support existing reporting.
This role will also help shape their data roadmap through close working with the Data Management and Data Warehouse teams and will become the expert for BI solutions within the business. There will be a requirement to deliver BI training and support to customers across the business to ensure that they are able to use self-service BI solutions and functionality to their full potential.
Key skills for the BI Analyst include:
* Knowledge of industry standard reporting and business intelligence tools, such as Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, Cognos etc.
* Solid understanding of data structures (normalised and denormalised)
* Agile Development methodologies, particularly SCRUM
* Ability to visualise customer requirements and translate these into usable products.
* MS Office / Advance Excel
* Experience of analysing data flow processes
* Identifying, standardising and working with metadata, reference data and operational data
* Delivering training on BI
* Understanding of Agile methodology such as Kimaball
A demonstrable track record in a similar role is a necessity for this business critical role. The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box.
This is an exciting opportunity for a BI Analyst in search of a new challenge that will push them out of their comfort zone.
This is an urgent requirement that offers a highly competitive rate and a dynamic and supportive environment. To apply this role please send an update of your CV to
Venturi is a staffing business dedicated to you, differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by quality of service and candidate delivery. Our highly skilled and experienced staff operate within dedicated markets to give you the best service possible. Venturi markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Venturi operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role