This is a 6 month internship paying approximately £1,100 per month with the view to convert to a permanent position paying £22,000. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Based in central London this company are a PR agency working with brands from the healthcare, pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
How can you expect to spend your day?
As this is a small company, you’ll get the opportunity to experience all areas of the PR world first hand, and there will also be opportunity to assist with developing strategy plans for current and future clients.
You will join the team to learn all about and support the media relations activities which include:
- The writing and editing of press releases.
- Researching and producing content for social media channels and industry blogs e.g. generate news stories around a specific client or event.
- Learn best practice on feature writing.
- Learn how to effectively perform both media coverage tracking and media follow-up, both of which are integral parts of the PR process.
- Join in on client meetings to learn how to create client briefs.
- Learn how to create market activity reports and how to generate PR strategy from this research.
- Other ad hoc duties as an when they arise.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications are:
This internship most suits a recent graduate looking to develop a career in PR by building vital commercial work experience.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level.
- A demonstrable interest to forge a career in PR, either through education or previous work experience would be hugely beneficial.
- A background or interest in science is essential, either through education or personal interest.
- Strong written English.
- A hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Good people skills in order to communicate effectively with press contacts and clients alike.
- Languages: additional European language skills would be welcome but not pre-requisites.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- You’ll get a solid grounding in PR from a highly experienced team with the opportunity for progression. Existing staff have either developed here and/or gone on to work with the world’s biggest companies (our last interns now work with Ogilvy, Fleishman Hilliard, Lewis PR and Burson Marsteller).
- Regular company drinks and dinners, full exposure to pitches, and possible travel abroad.
Looking to kick-start your graduate career but struggling to get your foot on the ladder? Inspiring Interns is here to help! We match ambitious graduates with growing companies across the UK from our offices in London and Manchester. Our internships are designed to give you genuine, meaningful experience and 66% lead to permanent graduate jobs. Please see our website for more vacancies and info.