Systems Engineer – Defence Sector Safety-Critical Systems
Location – South West London / Surrey
Salary TBC – but approx Â£40k-45k + Bens
A superb career opportunity to join a global systems engineering company in Surrey for a Systems Engineer to work on full systems life cycle programmes delivered to defence sector clients.
This specific role requires a senior level Systems Engineer to work in a Technical and occasional lead position providing technical expertise in the develoment , qualification and delvery of a complex system.
Key Responsibilities :
* Responsibility for the delivery of a Design, Development and Qualification of a Naval system to agreed time, cost and quality.
* Lead systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
* Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews in accordance with the project schedule.
* Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
* Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
* Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, etc.).
Skills and Experience Required :
* Experience of working on / leading systems engineering activities on a military programme
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience in requirements management
* Experience of conducting qualification testing (EMC/Vibration/Shock) with external test houses
* Systems definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis experience
* Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems (SIL 2 / 3)
* Ideally degree educated in a technical subject , although HNC/D with relevant experience will of course be considered
* Requirements Management tools – such as DOORS
* Knowledge of environmental Def Stan would be ideal (but not mandatory)
This is role is working for a global engineering brand , working within a friendly and supportive environment, there is flexible working options , incl a Compressed Hrs Working Scheme and access to 1k + IT courses via their internal E-Learning Systems – a superb place to work – apply now !!
Contact: Gary Butt